Hair growth rate

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
http://www.freedavitamins.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

I found another place that has it for cheaper, quick delivery too!!
grin.gif

https://koshervitaminsforless.com/store/...bd6496630c35cb0

[ QUOTE ]
HairObsessed said:
Brittanynic16 and DSD - Can you please post the rest of your vitamin regime?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure!
smile.gif

Biotin - 7.5-12.5 mgs daily
MSM - 4000 mgs daily
Vitamin C - 2000 mgs daily
Vitamin Shoppe Hair Skin and nails - 3 daily(that's one dose)
Vitamin Shoppe Amino Acid complex - 1500 mgs (5 daily)

I take my doses twice daily. I try to do the first dose in the morning or early afternoon. The other I take before I go to bed.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
HairObsessed said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure!
smile.gif

MSM - 4000 mgs daily

I take my doses twice daily. I try to do the first dose in the morning or early afternoon. The other I take before I go to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

DSD ... are you taking powdered MSM or tablets/capsules? Did you have any side effects taking that much MSM? I just started again, but I am only taking 2000 a day. Have you noticed more growth? How much did you start off taking?

So many questions, so Little time!

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

i think i get about 1/3 inch a month(i dont use surge or vitamins though)--i dont know why people assume my hair grows fast
nono.gif
i think i just retain what i grow very well
wink.gif

I am taking the puritans pride biotin 5mg a day and I
noticed my hair growth rate really increase with I started
with the protein shakes.
I am going to try the freeda biotin to see if I get better
results.

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
HairObsessed said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure!
smile.gif

MSM - 4000 mgs daily

[/ QUOTE ]

DSD ... are you taking powdered MSM or tablets/capsules? Did you have any side effects taking that much MSM? I just started again, but I am only taking 2000 a day. Have you noticed more growth? How much did you start off taking?

So many questions, so Little time!

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I take the powder form. I started small with about 390 mgs and increased the dosage gradually. Nothing but good effects here. My newgrowth is softer and more manageable.

[ QUOTE ]
ANaturalBrotha said:
Who is now currently getting an inch per month due to supplements?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started my regimen on 12/19, and I have gained a little under an inch already.
smile.gif
I never thought I would see growth this fast.

The Vitamins that I am taking daily are...

B-Complex
Cod Liver Oil
Evening Primrose Oil
Multi Vitamin/Multi Mineral
Calcium

When I was taking Biotin...my hair grew out nicely, but I stopped taking it. My Face broke out. B-complex contains a a good amount of biotin, but not enough to cause me to breakout.
grin.gif

I am getting an average of 1 1/2 inches per month and that is from not doing anything drastic or different in my lifestyle. I just braid my hair up or
cornrow it, keep it good and moisturized, take my vitamins, eat as healthy as I can and get enough rest. Lately, it seems my hair is sprouting out like crazy and growing in nicely. I might be reaching and exceeding my goal this year with no problem.

Current style and hair type: Cornrows for 6wks./4b thick and course
Ultimate hair goal: 5 inches past brastrap by Dec. 2005
Pics of my cornrows in album, check them out!!!
public.fotki.com/Diane71/

Longhair75 you can also purchase Freeda biotin at their pharmacy in Manhattan that's where i purchased it at near Grand central and madison at 36 east 41st street . The store number is 212 685 4980. I bought their silica 100 tablets 25mg for 9.99 and the biotin 10mg 100tablets 34.95

Diane71 said:
I am getting an average of 1 1/2 inches per month and that is from not doing anything drastic or different in my lifestyle. I just braid my hair up or
cornrow it, keep it good and moisturized, take my vitamins, eat as healthy as I can and get enough rest. Lately, it seems my hair is sprouting out like crazy and growing in nicely. I might be reaching and exceeding my goal this year with no problem.

Current style and hair type: Cornrows for 6wks./4b thick and course
Ultimate hair goal: 5 inches past brastrap by Dec. 2005
Pics of my cornrows in album, check them out!!!
public.fotki.com/Diane71/

That's great. What vitamins are you taking? Are their any particular foods you focus on in your diet?

I get about 1 inch a month, I am on a low Carb diet, so I get a good amount of protein, including eggs (which I believe has cysteine, and sulfur). I take Carbsmart with Biotin (given to me free by someone on the board:), B-Complex, EPO, and other things for general health that also help- vitamins c and e. Most of my vitamins have silica in them.

krissyprissy said:
Is anyone still taking l-cystiene, I thinking about starting up again. I used to get good growth taking this.
I've taken a 2 month course of N-Acetyl-Cysteine so far but i know that's not long enough to see results. I will continue for another 4 months.
----
N-acetyl cysteine is the more efficiently absorbed and used form of the amino acid, L-cysteine. L-cysteine plays a role in the sulfation cycle, acting as a sulfur donor in phase II detoxification and as a methyl donor in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine. N-acetyl cysteine has antioxidant properties, and helps to maintain healthy levels of the liver’s natural detoxifier, glutathione. In addition, N-acetyl cysteine has been used to break up pulmonary and bronchial mucus.
ETA: I've been taking 2.4g daily with 4 to 6 grams of Vitamin C.

Back