Hair growth chart LHC style

boy, excel can do some things with them formulas. I use it for my budget. it's pretty cool what she did. lot of times on her hands. who knows, i may end up using it. :giggle:

That's funny. Because I when I was making my own excel spreadsheet to chart my hair growth out to TBL, my husband thought I was absolutely hair crazy.

Now I know I'm not alone.

Thanks for posting. But why does it seem I can not keep up w/ all that :perplexed

No problem. It looks really in depth so I might try this out myself when I have time.

@QT what do you mean exactly? From what I understand you punch in the measurements in the green columns so it computes for you. The more information you put in the more accurate it becomes.

wheeww that is alot of work she did. Very interesting though, I don't think I can keep track of my hair in excel. I hate using it for work as it is.

No problem. It looks really in depth so I might try this out myself when I have time.

@QT what do you mean exactly? From what I understand you punch in the measurements in the green columns so it computes for you. The more information you put in the more accurate it becomes.

Growth will come w/ time and patience with or without this chart. I would have a hard time stretching my natural hair in order to get precise measurements. This chart would just make me over obsess about the growth of my tresses.

I'm not knocking this, I was just saying it would not work for me.

I tried measuring my hair with a tape measure. The metal tip kept pulling hair out and I couldnt hold the tape measure at the roots, stretch the ends and read the tape measure all at once. :lachen: I have a hard time walking and chewing gum at the same time. :look:

I expect you ladies to your post regimen, hair progress pictures, and a detailed analysis report complete with pie chart of your growth LOL

I might be crazy enough to use this awesome spreadsheet too

Hmm Looks like she's measuring from the forehead and down in order for this to work. I'll have to use another type of ruler. According to her chart I will be FLOOR LENGTH by Dec 2013... yeah I'm not sure how correct that is LOL

Wow, she is serious with her hair growth tracking. Her chart has me at APL by December 27, which may be accurate if my guesstimates have been right.

I must be a serious hair nerd. I cant view this at work but I have sent it to my personal email and will be plugging in numbers tonight.

Question: Will I be able to do this since I am in braids? I dont think I can wait until Christmas when I am suppose to take them out.

Wow! This is great!

for those of you that are intimidated by all the formulas, it really is not as complicated as it looks because she did all the work for you. Just follow these easy directions:

1. Download the appropriate sheet. If you want to enter your hair in inches download an "Imperial/Metric" file with date format you prefer.
  2. If you prefer centimeters, download a "Metric/Imperial" file with the date format you prefer
  3. The spreadsheet has multiple sheets, the one you are concerned with is the "Main" sheet. The tabs at the bottom tell you which sheet you are on.
  4. In the Main sheet you have input cells. These areas are filled in green
  5. On the left side of the sheet, you have your tracking input cells
  6. The right side of the sheet show your goal input cells
  7. On the right side of sheet, clear what is already there in the green shaded area, then put in what your hair length would be if you were at that goal. For instance, if chin length is 6 inches for you, then enter 6 in the green area on the Chin row.
  8. Once you fill in all the lengths, your goals are set
  9. Next clear the dates and inches on the left side of the sheet.
  10. Fill in a date and what your length was on that date
  11. Then fill in the next date and what your length was on that date
  12. This is when the formulas will kick in. You will now see how long it will take you to get to each goal.
  13. As you continue to enter dates and lengths, the formulas will continue to average out your hair length.

This is really a great tool :yep:. Thanks OP!!

Last edited:
Wow. I could never be that DEEP into tracking my hair care. It would make me feel obsessive. I'll just let it grow on it's own and assess by looking at it. But I thank you for posting. I'm sure there are tons here who will love it.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty awesome to be able to look at your hair scientifically and mathmaticaly like that. Takes out all the mystery of 'will I meet my goal length?'and turns it into a time schedule of 'when' you will do just that! Now if I could only make some sense out of all those dang excel spreadsheets, and how she took her hair measurements!!!:ohwell:

Wow! This is great!

for those of you that are intimidated by all the formulas, it really is not as complicated as it looks because she did all the work for you. Just follow these easy directions:

1. Download the appropriate sheet. If you want to enter your hair in inches download an "Imperial/Metric" file with date format you prefer.
  2. If you prefer centimeters, download a "Metric/Imperial" file with the date format you prefer
  3. The spreadsheet has multiple sheets, the one you are concerned with is the "Main" sheet. The tabs at the bottom tell you which sheet you are on.
  4. In the Main sheet you have input cells. These areas are filled in green
  5. On the left side of the sheet, you have your tracking input cells
  6. The right side of the sheet show your goal input cells
  7. On the right side of the clear what is already there, then put in what your hair length would be if you were at that goal. For instance, if chin length is 6 inches for you, then enter 6 in the green area on the Chin row.
  8. Once you fill in all the lengths, your goals are set
  9. Next clear the dates and inches on the left side of the sheet.
  10. Fill in a date and what your length was on that date
  11. Then fill in the next date and what your length was on that date
  12. This is when the formulas will kick in. You will now see how long it will take you to get to each goal.
  13. As you continue to enter dates and lengths, the formulas will continue to average out your hair length.

This is really a great tool :yep:. Thanks OP!!

Wow, Aspire! Thanks for figuring out the calculations for how she filled in her hair goal chart. You made it plain as day! I just looked at her charts, and got scared! :lachen:Thanks, dahling! :grin:, cause I really think it's so cool that she can analyze her hair growth and goals like that.

I must be a serious hair nerd. I cant view this at work but I have sent it to my personal email and will be plugging in numbers tonight.

Question: Will I be able to do this since I am in braids? I dont think I can wait until Christmas when I am suppose to take them out.

Well probably not where your hair is at the exact moment since it will be hard to be accurate unless it's braids without extensions. You'll still be able to plug in where each milestone falls on your body.

As for measuring I'm guessing it's from top of forehead and back over it if anyones confused.

Back