HAIR GROWS SLOWER IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF MY HEAD

amorette

I have noticed that the hair at the crown of my head is not growing as fast as the rest of my hair. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to stimulate the growth in that area so that is catches up to the rest of my hair?

Try using MN on the areas that grow slow. I think that mostly everyone has certain parts of their hair that grows slower than others so you should not try to worry about this. Also make sure that you clarify your hair and pay particular attention to the parts that are not growing, you could have build-up in those areas. I had the same problem and I did this and now the slow parts have started to grow faster. I doubt that you will be able to make it all the same rate but this should def. help. HTH

My hair grows faster in the back ALONE!
The top and right side of my head are awful.
I used to comb my hair in the middle a lot when I was younger but I've stopped that for a few years.

I have some M.N. at home. do I have to wash before I apply it?
And cant I just keep using my MTG?

The front of my hair grows a lot slower than the back. it's also thinner, and more prone to breakage and split ends. I think the problem is that I brush that section often to make buns and ponytails, but I never brush the back. I am going to try a no brush challenge for a month and see if that makes a difference.

I've changed the way I comb and moisturize the slower growing sections. Most moisturize from front to back. I begin in the crown area and work my way around. I also begun combing and detangling in sections so I won't put too much stress on my weaker areas. This hair growing thing is a lot of work.

hair will grow under heat and pressure. basically try a warm oil and massage if your not into supplements. jojoba oil is best as it wont interupt with your hair regimen. hope that helps!!

Candy_C said:
hair will grow under heat and pressure. basically try a warm oil and massage if your not into supplements. jojoba oil is best as it wont interupt with your hair regimen. hope that helps!!
hair grows under heat?? and pressure? pressure meaning stretching in a ponytail?? also what is MN???

trinidarkie1 said:
I have some M.N. at home. do I have to wash before I apply it?
And cant I just keep using my MTG?

IMO Because MN and MTG are both anti-fungal treatments, it's probably all right to use either. Just your personal preference should determine the one you wish to stick with. HTH!

SweetCaramel1 said:
i have this problem too :perplexed the sides grow thicker and longer than the middle

try scalp massages
so many people seem to have this problem....what causes it?? I'm perplexed, and it is maddenning because i have curl hair that draws up a good 5 inches when it dries, so you can imagine when the shorter hair at the crown draws up i look like little orphan annie....lol....:)

amorette said:
so many people seem to have this problem....what causes it?? I'm perplexed, and it is maddenning because i have curl hair that draws up a good 5 inches when it dries, so you can imagine when the shorter hair at the crown draws up i look like little orphan annie....lol....:)

before my wedding i let my hair grow out cause i didn't know what style i was gonna wear. the sides were like 2 inches longer than the middle back. i had an upside down v :eek: :lol:

i also sleep on my left and right sides which may cause the hair to grow faster and become thicker on those sides. i really don't know but i'm happy as long as it grows period :lol: and doesn't break off too often.

sweet caramel,
you are killing me softly....that is tooooo funny about the upside down V...I am just frustrated at the slow growth of the crown...probably because it it the highest point of my head and NEEDS the most length, to give the appearance of length to the whole head....

MissFallon said:
Try using MN on the areas that grow slow. I think that mostly everyone has certain parts of their hair that grows slower than others so you should not try to worry about this. Also make sure that you clarify your hair and pay particular attention to the parts that are not growing, you could have build-up in those areas. I had the same problem and I did this and now the slow parts have started to grow faster. I doubt that you will be able to make it all the same rate but this should def. help. HTH
Thanks a bunch :) - what is MN???

amorette said:
hair grows under heat?? and pressure? pressure meaning stretching in a ponytail?? also what is MN???

stretching your pony could result in breakage. i basically mean warmth and pressure on the follicles.

massaging a hot oil is what i mean.

SweetCaramel1 said:
before my wedding i let my hair grow out cause i didn't know what style i was gonna wear. the sides were like 2 inches longer than the middle back. i had an upside down v :eek: :lol:

i also sleep on my left and right sides which may cause the hair to grow faster and become thicker on those sides. i really don't know but i'm happy as long as it grows period :lol: and doesn't break off too often.

Girl, what did you do to fix this??? This is my problem, my middle is so weak compared to the sides when you get to the ends. I can't think if what I do to the middle, as I wear side buns.

Interesting.

My hair grows slow on the left and right side in the front as well as in the back. Also, my hair is longer in my crown area and the front. :confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back