HAIR GROWS SLOWER IN CROWN OF MY HEAD - HOW DO YOU INCREASE THE GROWTH

amorette

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stimulate the growth in the crwon of my hair - it is taking sooooo long to grow that part out - i had breakage in that area and it seems like it is taking forever to catch up with the rest of my head...suggestions??

My hair grows slowest in the front/sides and fastest in the crown.... not sure how to speed up growth in one particular area tho. I generally massage MTG into the entire scalp, all over.... and just allow my hair to grow into the natural u-shape.

Which I could help more!!!

My hair grows fastest in the crown followed by the sides and then front.
The back grows the slowest for me. I try scalp massages back there to speed it up. Maybe that'll work for your crown area.

KiniKakes said:
My hair grows slowest in the front/sides and fastest in the crown.... not sure how to speed up growth in one particular area tho. I generally massage MTG into the entire scalp, all over.... and just allow my hair to grow into the natural u-shape.

Which I could help more!!!

that's all good advice - i will try massage for longer periods of time in that area. i also wear a ponytail alot so i wonder if that is stunting the growth there...hmmmm...maybe i should get it braided for a month and just let it rest.....

Yeh, if u have the ponytail in the same place, sometimes that area will grow slower or break/shed more often. Try switching up the way u wear yr ponytails. Also, check yr ponytail holders to make sure they're not too tight. A suggestion fr. my hairstlyist when I had long hair.;) :lol:

DDtexlaxd said:
Yeh, if u have the ponytail in the same place, sometimes that area will grow slower or break/shed more often. Try switching up the way u wear yr ponytails. Also, check yr ponytail holders to make sure they're not too tight. A suggestion fr. my hairstlyist when I had long hair.;) :lol:

oh yeah that''s true - to wear them more loose - less tension....thanks alot:)

Organic Root Stimulator's Fertilizing Balm helped me tremendously...and it didn't take long either.

From my experience, this is what worked for me:

--Keep your optimal protein and moisture balance in that area (for example, my crown area is a different hair type, so I have to treat if differently as far as moisture level).

--Massage your scalp twice a day with a stimulating essential oil (like peppermint, tea tree, etc.—I like to use Jason’s organic tea tree oil myself). Getting blood (and the nutrients and oxygen it carries) to that area of the scalp can be a little more difficult than other areas. I don't know why. :confused:

--Low-manipulation and reduced combing.

--Roller setting and the baggie method to keep the hair protected.

--Additionally, I have my hair texlaxed very minimally in that area.

--A good pore cleaning treatment helps as well.

--Make sure you are getting enough iron in your diet. For me, having iron-deficeincy anemia seemed to exacerbate problems in my crown area. Once I got my iron levels up, it recovered (is recovering) amazingly! :yep: Now, my hair grows very quickly in the crown.

HTH! :)

Legend said:

--Keep your optimal protein and moisture balance in that area (for example, my crown area is a different hair type, so I have to treat if differently as far as moisture level).

--Massage your scalp twice a day with a stimulating essential oil (like peppermint, tea tree, etc.—I like to use Jason’s organic tea tree oil myself). Getting blood (and the nutrients and oxygen it carries) to that area of the scalp can be a little more difficult than other areas. I don't know why. :confused:

--Make sure you are getting enough iron in your diet. For me, having iron-deficeincy anemia seemed to exacerbate problems in my crown area. Once I got my iron levels up, it recovered (is recovering) amazingly! :yep: Now, my hair grows very quickly in the crown.

Thank you so much this info it makes sense I also have had problems in this area for over 2 years, like a dummy I have been getting relaxers in that area they leave it on too long I will not get it relaxed for 6 months and see what happens--Thanks again

I do not think there is a way to actually increase growth in the crown area but maybe a way to retain hair length...

Here's my theory about why certain areas may remain shorter than others... Sometimes when we moisturize our hair, we may avoid applying our moisturizer to every part of our hair.

For example, if you have a shorter crown, you are probably applying your moisturizer to the front, sides, and nape areas of your hair and avoiding the crown area. This usually may happen when styling your hair in a ponytail or bun. If you have a shorter nape area, you are probably not applying moisture to that area when wearing your hair down. So when an area is left without moisture, it gets dry and brittle and eventually breaks off.

Also, sealing your moisturizer with oil or grease will help make the hair strands stronger and prevent breakage.

Hope that helps. ;)

Legend said:

Excellent advice! It all makes sense...I have recently found out i was mildly anemic, so i started taking iron a couple months ago. I think that since the crown is the highest point in your body, that is probably why it is harder for blood to get to it and so your point makes sense...hopefully my 2.5 hour workouts per day will increase my blood circulation more...

I agree w. the daily massage to increase blood flow in that area. Also, check w. your doctor to see if you're iron deficient. HTH :)

Poohbear said:
I do not think there is a way to actually increase growth in the crown area but maybe a way to retain hair length...

Trust me...the ORS works! I was in tears when I looked in the mirror and saw my scalp looking back at me. My husband told me it was probably stress...not to worry. My sister said it was hereditary...my aunt's head is bald...my dad is bald. A lady at work told me she had the same problem and she told me to use the ORS. I went to the BSS the same day and started using it. Within a couple of weeks...my hair started to fill in. Since I have been coming to this forum, I have learned how to better care for my hair. I try to massage my scalp every night but of course I'm too lazy to keep up with it. I don't use the ORS consistently...I probably should...but it's on for a few months...off for a few months. Since I have been taking better care of my hair (using no heat...keeping hair moisturized and conditioned...not overloading products on my hair...and taking vitamins) my hair is filling in very nicely and has sort of a natural sheen. Before it was always dry and broken off in spots...or something else. But thanx to the forum...I am getting it together. Above all maintenance is the key. Thanx LHCF

Bees said:
Trust me...the ORS works! I was in tears when I looked in the mirror and saw my scalp looking back at me. My husband told me it was probably stress...not to worry. My sister said it was hereditary...my aunt's head is bald...my dad is bald. A lady at work told me she had the same problem and she told me to use the ORS. I went to the BSS the same day and started using it. Within a couple of weeks...my hair started to fill in. Since I have been coming to this forum, I have learned how to better care for my hair. I try to massage my scalp every night but of course I'm too lazy to keep up with it. I don't use the ORS consistently...I probably should...but it's on for a few months...off for a few months. Since I have been taking better care of my hair (using no heat...keeping hair moisturized and conditioned...not overloading products on my hair...and taking vitamins) my hair is filling in very nicely and has sort of a natural sheen. Before it was always dry and broken off in spots...or something else. But thanx to the forum...I am getting it together. Above all maintenance is the key. Thanx LHCF

what is ORS and BSS?:ohwell:

massage some hot oil mixed with an essential oil to your scalp twice a week b4 you wash. i tried this last year and my gawd..i had 2 stop i couldn't handle the growth..i'm brave this yr tho :D

I usually use the ORS fertilizing balm on my hairline, but make sure you really clean that part of your head, some people naturally have toxins from their bodies come through the crown of their head. Are you very spiritual? I know it's off the subject, but...... Also use a stimulating conditioner/shampoo, that can help as well.

Back