Hair Gel which one i your fav?

Probably not as much as commercial hair gels will get you, but i find it to be perfectly sufficient for laying down flyaway/new growth. Plus aloe stimulates hair follicles. I have a scar going through my eyebrow from 2 years ago which has FINALLY started filling in ever since i started using aloe vera gel all over my face:yep:

this, minus the eyebrow thing... though, maybe instead of using clear mascara on my brows i think i'll start using aloe vera gel :D

i love it. it also may depend on hair texture. i tried getting my friend to start using it for her ng (to get her to stretch longer than 3WEEKS!!) and it didnt work on her 4b hair. now i dont know if it didnt work because of texture or if it was because her hair is super dry, damaged, and in terrible condition all together.

besides, i'm pretty sure it was a 4b from bhm who got me hooked on aloe vera gel... so i dunno now lol

Eco clear and olive are my fav!!!

Ok dumb question on getting curls to pop.. are you guys just on wet hair applying just the gel, or are you applying a leave in, or moisturizer and the applying the gel to your entire head??? sorry I want some pop going on too. please advise.. p.s i usually twist my hair with a leavin at night, with no gel added then apply gel after i take down the twists.. ok somebody intervene!!!! I am relaxed 4a btw....

Last edited:
I just picked up the Ecostyler(clear) let me tell you this is the truth for my hair. Fantasia stopped working so I tried this one. Ecostyler layed all my hair down and I did not use alot. It did not flake b/c I used some JBCO with it and it did not dry hard. I love this stuff I got if for 3.75 Canadian.

Dang...Eco gives me flakes :-(

I noticed this ONLY when I had one of 2 problems. 1) I didn't moisturize enough 2) Which moisturizer I used.

When I use certain cream based moisturizers it flakes. Once I started using Scurl it wasn't a problem. Giovanni Direct was fine too I guess because it's not too thick of a creme. I also add a CRAP LOAD of S-curl. It helps alot.

HTH

I like the Pink Eco-styler gel. I used the clear in the past and it made my hair very hard. It was too strong of a hold for me. The pink gel gives me a nice touchable and soft hold. I used a leave-in under the gel on wet hair.

Eco clear and olive are my fav!!!

Ok dumb question on getting curls to pop.. are you guys just on wet hair applying just the get, or are you applying a leave in, or moisturizer and the applying the gel to your entire head??? sorry I want some pop going on too. please advise.. p.s i usually twist my hair with a leavin at night, with no get added then apply gel after i take down the twists.. ok somebody intervene!!!! I am relaxed 4a btw....

I think you will need to be natural with natural curls or coils.

It's the clear Eco Styler gel and/or Aloe Vera gel for me.

i used to have that issue then i noticed it only happened if i used cantu with it so if i use any other product i let it dry before adding eco otherwise its a mess :nono:

I noticed this ONLY when I had one of 2 problems. 1) I didn't moisturize enough 2) Which moisturizer I used.

When I use certain cream based moisturizers it flakes. Once I started using Scurl it wasn't a problem. Giovanni Direct was fine too I guess because it's not too thick of a creme. I also add a CRAP LOAD of S-curl. It helps alot.

HTH

Sorry OP, don't mean to hi-jack your thread...

When I did use it, I used my staple leave-in (Mixed Chicks), H2O, and Eco...Maybe the creaminess of the conditioner caused it to have flakes, but unfortunately, I cannot NOT use a creamy conditioner, my hair thrives on that. Thanks for the suggestions, though!

I think you will need to be natural with natural curls or coils.

It's the clear Eco Styler gel and/or Aloe Vera gel for me.

Thanks sorry if I sounded stupid natural ladies!! The eco styler clear is great for me when I scrunch my ends and actually curls em up a little.. was hoping for more curling, ah oh well!!!

I like pink Eco #7 hold and I like it much better than the clear which is a #10 hold. I also have the yellow Eco styler # 8 but have not tried it yet.

Update: I wanted to know which gel to try next so I tried Eco Styler olive Oil green gel.
I had been using La Bella nice stuff gives medium hold, and Eco Styler Krystal gel super hold gel, but I had to use oil with it so I tried the Eco Styler olive oil gel, and I love it too, maybe even better than the krystal cause it gives great super hold without being so hard and crunchy plus I get the 2 for 1 combo great hold gel and olive oil all in 1, definitely a keeper. It's going to be my staple gel now.

Last edited:
I love the combination of long aid curl activator gel and eco styler on dry hair. Long aid is a moisturizer and the eco gives me some wieght to define my curls. I just shake it a little and it dries much faster than starting on wet hair. I can get a week out of a (not so) wash n go with this combo by just re wetting in the morning.

Everybody seems to love Eco. I haven't tried it yet, but I know I LOVE ORS Twist & Loc Gel. First two ingredients are water and coconut milk. Can't get much better than that.

Update: I bought the Ecostyler with the olive oil and used it last night...So far, so good with the hold and no flakes...The ultimate test will be when I use it with my wash and go.

I love the combination of long aid curl activator gel and eco styler on dry hair. Long aid is a moisturizer and the eco gives me some wieght to define my curls. I just shake it a little and it dries much faster than starting on wet hair. I can get a week out of a (not so) wash n go with this combo by just re wetting in the morning.

Long Aid Curl Activator Gel is my favorite :yep: it's very moisturizing.

Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera is a close second it provides more hold without flakes.

ECO/castor oil/vegetable oil that is all I use daily. My curls pop and stay moisturized all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hairveda Whipped Jelly makes the best moisturized and defined twist outs for my hair.
Eco Styler Gel is good for my wash n gos and slicked back hairstyles.

Elasta QP: Feels Like Silk

It makes my curls and waves pop, plus it does make my hair feel like silk even when I run my fingers thru it when dry.

Back