Hair feels stripped after rinsing out conditioner

Fhrizzball

Lately my hair has been getting that stripped feeling after I rinse out my conditioner (Tresseme Naturals). Even when I first jump in the shower and wet my hair with water my hair gets that shampoo stripped feeling. All my products worked before so I don't know what the problem is.

Maybe it's my porosity?

I would suggest Clarifying and then see what happens. Maybe that, and change your conditioner for a while and then revisit the Tresemme.

Clarify 1st. You could have product buildup.

Yea I think you should clarify as well to start of clean and use a really moisturizing conditioner like Aubrey organics to saturate your hair w/ moisture.

Funny because.. before I clicked and read this post I thought of Tresemme naturals.. How long you been using it? Could it be that conditioner?

Funny because.. before I clicked and read this post I thought of Tresemme naturals.. How long you been using it? Could it be that conditioner?

I've been using it for a couple months.

I use giovanni shampoo the one that says it's a clarifier. I just did that two weeks ago. Is that not a true clarifier? I'll try clarifying with it again though or maybe use some baking soda and hope that works.

If you just did it, the clarifying may be what stripped your hair. You shoudn't use a clarifying shampoo with every wash as you've indicated. You are continually stripping your hair and not getting enough moisture back into your hair. You should only use the clarifier when you have alot of build up on your hair.

You look familiar, are you one of the oil rinsing fanatics? If not, I would suggest you try that (I use castor oil) http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=150965- its great for moisture retention and giving your conditioner the umph it needs; and Aubrey organics GPB for moisture/protein balance and restructuring/strengthening your strands alll while leveling out your porosity. Lastly, you should try a pre poo so that your regular shampoos dont strip your hair, try chicoro's recipe http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=509482

Ingredients
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Lauryl Lysine, Caprylyl Glycol, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed)/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Aspartic Acid, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil (Organic), Citric Acid, Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice (Organic)

It's near the bottom of the ingredients list but this conditioner does contain the alcohol that is very drying. When your hair hits the water the stripping effect could be the alcohol reacting with the water. The same thing happens when I use my Pantene clarifying shampoo. Like someone else sugested, maybe consider switching to Aubrey's condish, it's very moisturizing!

When that happens to my hair I change my water filter and try a new conditioner with heat. Whalla!

I never clarify wash. Ever.

I use an ACV Rinse and then deep condition. Apple Cider Vinegar is the Truth! Shine and swing.

It could be that they just changed their ingredients. I was watching a commercial the other day that mentioned that they now have less SLS in their products. So maybe that's the difference? I don't know what SLS's do though so maybe others will chime in on what they do. I'm glad I just bought my big bottle before they messed around with the ingredients.

I love their moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

Back