Hair feels like doll baby hair

spencd

I am not sure what the problem is because the same feeling/sound I got when I washed hair, the same at beauty parlour. The difference is she was able to manage my hair with surprisingly no hair loss. When she detangled another story, had to explain how to detangle hair properly. Can't wait to figure this out so I could diy and pull my own hair out for free.

When you combed your doll hair it was a certain sound/feeling you got, kind of course. I hope someone know what I am talking about. I do not know what is causing it.

I have a water softner in my shower. I used my 1 and only poo and conditioner and always got great results until recently. This is not the only product that does this. I was able to do my own hair for 8 months until I started feeling this doll hair like texture about 2 yrs ago (that is the pic you see, although not combed. I was responsible for the length), then back to salon.

I would like to figure out what is causing it so I can go back to diy at least for wash n set. I would settle for 2 wks a month unless just don't want to do it.

Please help.

My hair is relaxed and I am post 11-12 wks. I will be relaxing next week.

Last edited:
bumping

On the surface my hair is very healthy because I rotate between moisturizing, and protein treatments. I know it should not feel or sound like this particulary when I wash it. Usually when the beautician wash I do not get the sound/feeling until this week.

Ladies please help! To me doll hair was not necessary soft to me (maybe some were). Another comparison like horse hair when you comb synthetic hair.

I'm not entirely sure the sounds that your talking about...I'm bumping for you. Does the salon use the same products that you use at home, maybe it's your products???

I would use roux porosity control conditioner. Sometimes our everyday products can raise the pH of our hair. Or if you haven't clarified in a while, longer than a month. Then I suggest you clarify and do an overnite dc and then roux porosity.

Please put off relaxer until you get your hair back To normal please.

HHG!

Ok I replied earlier but my user name cut off so lost reply. I have not used my Nexxus aloe rid (clarifier) in about 6 weeks. I did not even think about that. I know at the beauty parlour they use Tresseme which says clarifier, but who knows what is inside. I let them use their clarify last week with a hot oil treatment (Queen Helene Jojoba). I usually bring my own products when I go and when they do it, it comes out nice except last week with my hot oil. I do not think it was the oil. I believe it was a combination of lady plus my hair. The lady that normally do my hair was busy and I did not want to wait. She takes her time and hair comes out nice but when I wash hair at home this is what I have been getting.

I have not used porosity control in some time. I do not even remember using after my last relaxer which was about 11/12 weeks ago if not more. My hair can not hold on no more in terms of relaxer. I stretched it. I will make my decision in the morning as to what I will do. Relax or use aloe rid/clarifier.

Porosity Control
Question - when you use porosity do you use as a deep condition or only after relaxers? Do you put in moisturing conditioner after using it? When I use it is after relaxer for a few minutes than shampoo you use after relaxer (been up all day can't think of name) than regular shampoo and conditioner.

The sound I am referring to is when you comb horse/doll hair. That texture makes a sound to me at least. But the feeling is the same.

bumping

How often do you use porosity control? Would you use a moisturizer than porosity or the other way around?

Hello,

I use roux porosity control after every relaxer with no problems. But when my hair gets that rough feeling I use roux porosity control after a moisturizing dc on dry hair and it fixes it. I just listen to my hair and give it what it needs. Some ladies use roux monthly. I just started to do it weekly with no problems for the past 3 weeks.

If you are clarifying, do a moisture dc after (let sit for a few hours or overnite) and then roux porosity control to seal your cuticles. This should fix it I'm hoping it does

Back