Hair Falling Out - remedies please

MissRissa

Ok normally I would do my research but I'm staying with someone for a couple of month and I have very very limited computer time. So, to see if I can get some quick answers (sorry to be redundant and not use resources) i'm going to post my question here.

I went home for the holidays and after not having seen my mom in about 18 months, i see that her hair is falling out. She has patches in her head where there's hair missing. Some of it is from horrendous hair practices, which I've started to correct. Her hair is severely overprocessed. She's agreed to no more relaxers, if not permanently, at least for a few months. She's also agreed to no more color. She thinks it has to do with her blood pressure medicine. She's going to the doctor in a couple of weeks to have them check everything out.

In the meantime, can I get some suggestions on getting her hair to grow back, short and long term. I'm looking for more natural remedies. I do see that a woman on the board had some great results using megatek, so I'm either going to get her a bottle of that or OCT. What else ladies? I appreciate any help.

get the feedback from the doctor's first.
besides staying away from relaxers, I don't know what to suggest.
Deep conditionning?....
shave and start over?
Maybe the stress level is not helping....

I know there's an essential oil mix (that you mix with a carrier oil) that's supposed to help stimulate growth. I don't know what it is so you'd have to search for that one.

Also, there's the Moe Growth Oil...which you can make. And, SelfStyled has positive reviews of the Donna Marie growth oil which I think is all natural and you can order online.

I know the ladies here will give you some really good in-depth advice, but I will add something simple: scalp massages. Massages help your scalp get good blood flow, which will stimulate growth.

Tea Rinses! I now swwear by them! After my final washout I pour tea all over my hair making sure it reaches my scalp and I don't rinse (others do). I am amazed by the instint effects INSTINT! I'm battling low iron so my hair was breaking like crazy until this! Not even my iron suppliments did this good!

Back