Hair experts...help me! (Stress taking out my hair ?)*Pic

So, I don't know if this is considered a setback but here it goes.

I was doing my usual. I co-washed with my Trader Joes Nourish Spa (HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend for comb ease/slip, smell, and soft hair, it's the bomb). I co-washed in sections as usual and rinsed in the shower. As I was detangling, I noticed a quarter sized ball of hair just come out. I didn't even have any knots or anything.

So, I spritz with my Mane and Tail detangler, and add my leave in as usual and detangle in sections. I then sealed with my coconut oil. I lost SO much hair. I don't know what happened. I had NO knots, no tangles and I just co-washed on Monday. This is NOT a normal amount of shedding for me. No changes in my diet, I drink about 74 oz of water a day, I take a multivitamin and everything. I am an athlete so I work out 6 times a week. I was taking GNC, but the Biotin made my skin purge like h9ll, and I had to stop taking it. Please help me. Do you think it was that I stopped taking this supplement?

I am pretty stressed about some stuff in my life but it's not like it is consuming me, just normal stress, I guess. I just wet bunned it up and went about my day. I am also almost 9 months into my transition from natural.

I was sobbing you guys. I am still sobbing. help me!
28kj5hl.jpg

i'm not sure what to tell you, just here to offer some support. Has this happened to you before? Maybe it might help if we had a full detailed regimen? What style were u sporting this week?

I have been sporting a bun to the side.

here is my regimine:
I am a transitioner.

I co-wash 3-4 times a week with either Trader Joes or V05 Moisture Milks
I wash with Creme of nature and DC with a light protein every week.
I usually wet bun or do a twistout. I usually open my bun at night and have it in a big dookie braid overnight.
I sleep on a satin pillow case in a silk scarf.
I moisturize my hair daily with HH LTR condish and seal with Vatika or cocounut oil.
I am BSL

This has never happened to me before. It doesn't look like alot of hair lost but it was considering what I couldn't catch going down the shower drain.

OP sounds like you need to do a deep moisturizing conditioning to your hair to get back on track.

Do you have an iron deficiency or thyroid problem? When was the last time you clarified/chelated?

Are the hairs broken or shed?

The hairs actually weren't broken, they had the white bulb attachment. I just started my cycle the day before but I have had both my iron and thyroid checked in the last year and both are fine.

I chelated last week because I went swimming. But, I haven't clarified in about a month.

well, if your not having any known health issues, and the white bulb is attached, it just might be shedding. Have you tried garlic shampoo or galic supplements? I've read thats supposed to stop shedding. Or maybe a henna treatment?

I think you might want to not use that Mane N Tail detangler--it may be that it has too much protein for your hair. I don't think it is medical. Find a moisturizing leave-in conditioner(when I used to co-wash in my beginning days, I began to use VO5 Detangling Spray and it left a lot of my hair in my hands. However, on wash days, I used a leave-in conditioner, without that detangling spray. So, after co-washing, I would use the leave-in conditioner(used for wash days)---the extreme shedding ceased.

The hairs actually weren't broken, they had the white bulb attachment. I just started my cycle the day before but I have had both my iron and thyroid checked in the last year and both are fine.

I chelated last week because I went swimming. But, I haven't clarified in about a month.

Something I'm beginning to observe is that I begin to shed more around my cycle (about a week prior), than during other times of the month. Are you taking BC or have you recently stopped. When was the last time you really detangled your hair? Stopping the supplements may have promoted the shedding (since biotin often extends the growth/anagen phase, hair that would have normally shed didn't, and is beginning to shed now that you've stopped taking it).

Nice lady, I have been using it for about a month now. Do you think it would take that long to do that? My sister is saying that she thinks I am having an allergic reaction to one of my products. I am guessing it is between that and the Aubrey Organics athelete/swimmer's poo and con I have been chelating/DC'ing with.

The mane and tail REALLY helps with the tangles and knots. So does my old Biologae Fortifying but it is just too costly!

Something I'm beginning to observe is that I begin to shed more around my cycle (about a week prior), than during other times of the month. Are you taking BC or have you recently stopped. When was the last time you really detangled your hair? Stopping the supplements may have promoted the shedding (since biotin often extends the growth/anagen phase, hair that would have normally shed didn't, and is beginning to shed now that you've stopped taking it).
I stopped using BC about 4 months ago. It was killing my libido and skin (nuva ring) and I was so emotional. I plan on getting the paraguard in January.

I can say that I detangle pretty good on co-wash and wash days. So, I am going to say the last time I detangled was on Monday. It definitely may be that I eased up on the Biotin. Should I not have done that?

UGGGGHHH now I am frustrated because I don't know!

Yes, I think stress can contribute to hair loss because I've experienced that before. As a result, I normally take a B-12 Complex vitamin to help counteract stressful effects on my hair and overall health.

that really doesn't look like a lot. Also we shed more or less at different times. Some days I shed almost nothing, others more like what you shed or more. I shed more if I've been protective for a few days, less when I do wash and gos.

Garlic is excellent for the hair. I used it in the past for hair thinning issues -- developed a small bald spot near my temple. I used it topically on my hair.

Nice lady, I have been using it for about a month now. Do you think it would take that long to do that? My sister is saying that she thinks I am having an allergic reaction to one of my products. I am guessing it is between that and the Aubrey Organics athelete/swimmer's poo and con I have been chelating/DC'ing with.

The mane and tail REALLY helps with the tangles and knots. So does my old Biologae Fortifying but it is just too costly!

I tried to find the ingredients to see if it had too many protein ingredients in it. Even if you have been using it for a month--protein could have been building up on your hair. However, maybe it is something else.

I know you said that amount of shedding isn't normal for you but I have to say, it's really not a lot at all. Especially when you consider that humans shed 50-100 hairs a day on average.

I do think that starting your cycle, starting and stopping biotin, and stopping the bc may have had an effect. You did say your body is prone to side effects from medication so I'm sure it's had to readjust itself now that you stopped the bc and the biotin.

Really, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You said it's all white bulbed hair, so it's just shedding. If you start to see bald spots or large (and I do mean large) clumps of hair coming out then you may have a problem.

Back