Hair dye help

dany06

My hair is roughly 1 1/2 inches long and mildly texturized. Right now it is a medium brown with red undertones. My natural color is off black. I would like to dye it a very light ash or nuetral brown or a dark ash blonde.

I've had two dye jobs by a stylist and one by me in the past month. The stylist dyed my hair a dark brown that looked just like my natural color. She then sat me under a dryer and mixed up another color. The second go round she turned my hair dark murky red brown (it being more red than anything). The color reminded me of Denzel Washington when he played Malcolm X. I specifically told her what I wanted with pictures. I also stated that I didnt want any color with red warm tones, bright gold yellow tones or brassiness. Well I tried to counter act that icky color by dying my hair with Loreal superior preference in Ultra Ligh Ash Brown (UL61) after 2 weeks of lots of deep conditioning. The Loreal color did bring me to a brown but it still has a lot of red in it. I would like to go lighter and much cooler.

Do you all have any suggestions on what I should do to get the color I want? Right now my hair doesnt show any signs of visable damage and the texture feels pretty good. If I had truly thought it through I would have just bleached my hair then put in a deposit only color and would have been happy. I really want to give getting the color I want one more shot.

Back