Hair Doesn't Need Proteins

All I know is that milk protein and collagen make my hair happy. :D

Speaking of which, I'm overdue for a protein treatment. Gonna do one tomorrow!

Interesting info. I have had apl to bsl hair many times in my lifetime without protein and deep conditioning. While I don't believe it is neccessary it can't hurt. I have started incorporating DC and protein treaments as an experiment of my own to see if it makes a difference for my hair.

I agree with you, my hair grew the normal and is growing faster, and I don't do any protein treatments or deep conditioning......But deep conditioning and treatments wouldn't hurt though........but when I use them I don't see a difference...except with protein treatments, I get more breakage.....

They do have valid points. Everyone's hair is different and has different needs. I wet my hair every day, or at least did for months before this winter, and no protein DC's. My hair has yet to feel mushy so my hair probably falls under the "don't need much protein" catagory. I used to do protein DC's because I thought I needed them from what I've learned here. As time goes on, your regimen will be so suited to your hair needs, it's almost crazy! I think my henna treatments every 2-3 months is enough of coating film for this hair. Thanks for the info, never can get too much!

I don't think my hair needs protein either. Every time I do a treatment (few and far inbetween nowadays), my hair gets so hard, even after deep conditioning for an hour afterwards. And it doesn't matter how mild the protein is, for example even the Aveda Damage Remedy treatment (which some people say is so moisturising) makes my hair rock hard :ohwell:. Henna makes my hair hard too (even with deep conditioning). I focus more on moisture now.

Everything works differently for everyone. I guess it's proof just looking around here that it works for 'some' people.

Some think grease is needed.
Some think cowashing is silly.
Some think "Proteins" aren't needed.
Some think you can flat iron with oils/grease.
Some think cooch cream and animal products grow the hair.

^^while others will argue you down in the grown all of the above works/does not work for them.^^
OT....OP your hair is beautiful in your siggy!

**I will add, proteins work for me. :up:

OH MY GAWD, LMAO ON THE COOCH CREAM COMMENT. LOL LOL LOL

Well, The Beauty Brains in another article, could not explain how Aphogee works, except that the 'coating' of protein is higher than other products....

Hey - if it works, wonderful.

Back