Hair Disaster Stories!!!

taj

A stylist butchered my hair 4-5 inches. :boxing: Not only did she cut a tremendous amount of length off, but it is also very uneven. One side lies just past my shoulders and the other side falls to my breast. I didn’t realize it until after I arrived home.:shocked: I just made it to BSL after a fresh re-touch and I didn’t even have the chance to enjoy it. :sad: Since she trimmed my hair previously and had done such a good job, I decided to go back to her. BIG MISTAKE! :wallbash: I specifically stated that I wanted a TRIM. She showed me the amount that she was taking off. However, she cut off much more than that. :pinocchio

Last edited:
A stylist butchered my hair 4-5 inches. :boxing: Not only did she cut a tremendous amount of length off, but it is also very uneven. One side lies just past my shoulders and the other side falls to my breast. I didn’t realize it until after I arrived home.:shocked: I just made it to BSL after a fresh re-touch and I didn’t even have the chance to enjoy it. :sad: Since she trimmed my hair previously and had done such a good job, I decided to go back to her. BIG MISTAKE! :wallbash: I specifically stated that I wanted a TRIM. She showed me the amount that she was taking off. However, she cut off much more than that. :pinocchio

Wow, did you call her to tell her your hair was uneven? Damn, I"m sorry this happen to you...

wooowwww!! that certainly sucks a big one! do u have any pics. perhpas its not as bad as it seems :)

No, I didn't take any pics.:nono: I'm annoyed every time I look at it because its uneven, so I've just been bunning it up. I decided to trim it evenly once it grows back to BSL. According to my rate of growth it should take approximately 4-5 months.

Last edited:
Wow, did you call her to tell her your hair was uneven? Damn, I"m sorry this happen to you...

I went back to the salon & I showed her. She appeared to be shocked as far as it being uneven, but when I told her that she took off too much length, she pulled the "your hair was damaged" card. I have absolutely no problems with cutting split or damaged ends, but this wasn't the case. I had an inch of thin ends, which was the reason I requested a trim. I told her that she had no right cutting my hair, when I specifically stated a TRIM & if she thought it was damaged then she should have consulted me first & given me the option.

Last edited:
FlawedBeauty & YoungWavey thank you for the kind words!!!

Last edited:
I think when things like this happen, these people need to AT LEAST be reported to the better business bureau.

I hate that they use that your hair was damaged as a safety net to mess up your progress.

I think she had hair envy? :perplexed

Does she have hair? :ohwell:

Ugh! That sucks. I hope that you at least got a full refund. :mad:

No, I didnt it's a Dominican salon & they make you pay before the services are rendered. I'm going to request some type of compensation with the manager and then I'm not going back.

**smdh**
Oh boy...I am so sorry that this happened to you! But I agree with the other poster PLEASE REPORT THEM! These people will continue to get away with this type of mess if there's no repercussion for them. Hit up the BBB, Dept of Consumer Affairs, the State Cosmetology Board...h*ll I'd hit up the Attorney General too! ...and as painful as it is, please take pics. If you file a complaint, you'll need it to prove your case. :grouphug: and I hope you get some sort of resolution to this.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I had a similar experience recently. I've decided to start doing my own hair. At least, this way, I want have to worry about a jealous beautican messing up my hair.

The difference between the two lengths is too much to be a mistake. I would be furious:nono:.

I think when things like this happen, these people need to AT LEAST be reported to the better business bureau.

I hate that they use that your hair was damaged as a safety net to mess up your progress.

I think she had hair envy? :perplexed

Does she have hair? :ohwell:

I agree I think she did have hair envy, she does have hair but not my length.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I had a similar experience recently. I've decided to start doing my own hair. At least, this way, I want have to worry about a jealous beautican messing up my hair.

So will I, at least if something goes wrong I can only blame myself.

**smdh**
Oh boy...I am so sorry that this happened to you! But I agree with the other poster PLEASE REPORT THEM! These people will continue to get away with this type of mess if there's no repercussion for them. Hit up the BBB, Dept of Consumer Affairs, the State Cosmetology Board...h*ll I'd hit up the Attorney General too! ...and as painful as it is, please take pics. If you file a complaint, you'll need it to prove your case. :grouphug: and I hope you get some sort of resolution to this.

I do intend to pursue this matter. I just don't want this to happen to anyone else.

I just wanted to thank all of you ladies for responding to my post, giving good advise & kind words. I really appreciate it! Im no longer upset, my hair will grow back. Its a lesson learned and you all made me feel better!:grin: chellero, adequate, Luvmylife, QweenT, Lkaysgirl, Hothair, FlawedBeauty, Trulyurangel82 & YoungWavey!:blowkiss:

Last edited:
wow not only did she cut too much off its two different lengths on each side. that makes it even worse. You have the right to be pissed.

I seriously think some of these hair stylists do this sh*t on purpose. I had that happen to me a year ago.

I went to a new salon because my old hair stylist left to do real estate. I liked when my old hair stylist trimmed my ends because she didnt trim too much off and would mention that my hair is growing.

This new lady well she cut my ends without even asking. I was furious. I had my back to her and didnt know she had the scissors out. I heard a quick few snips.

She did the,"your hair is damaged" thing.

I looked in the mirror and it looked like she cut more than 2 inches off.

This is why when I go to the hair salon I just tell them that Ill trim my ends myself.

Back