Hair Color

mssoconfused

So I really want to color my hair blue. Well...blue black with a deep blue tint. A few notes though, I am vehemently against lifting any color off my hair. I'm also against permanent hair colors...I'm thinking semi and demi permanent only.

Question: I've already dyed my hair black with a demi permanent color, does anyone know whether I can put a blue rinse on top of this? Has anyone attempted this before? I'm not adverse to going to the hair dresser and letting a professional do this (thats actually my preference) I just want to know if it can be done and whether someone has had experience with this.

Attached is a pic of the color I really want!

Thanks for any help you might offer!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 42
So I really want to color my hair blue. Well...blue black with a deep blue tint. A few notes though, I am vehemently against lifting any color off my hair. I'm also against permanent hair colors...I'm thinking semi and demi permanent only.

Question: I've already dyed my hair black with a demi permanent color, does anyone know whether I can put a blue rinse on top of this? Has anyone attempted this before? I'm not adverse to going to the hair dresser and letting a professional do this (thats actually my preference) I just want to know if it can be done and whether someone has had experience with this.

Attached is a pic of the color I really want!

Thanks for any help you might offer!

I would post this in the thread labeled "For Colored Girls" for other responses.

But to answer your question; in order to get this color you might have to either bleach it blonde 1st and then add the black blue color. However, some ladies have been having success with just dyeing it brown to achieving the black/blue color. See if your demi-perm was a lighter color (like a red) then you could possibly do a rinse on top of that.

With that said, since the color is a very dark blue/almost black, your might have success in just trying it on your already dyed black hair. However, I would wait a couple of washes until your black it almost gone to try the blue color; b/c you might not see anything b/c of the black rinse. It is VERY difficult and harsh on your hair to lighten your hair after dyeing is black; even if it's a rinse. So I say try it and see how it turns out. You might have to do it a couple of times.

What brand of blue/black rinse are you using? If you don't mind could you post pics of how you hair turned out if you tried it. TIA!! and I hope this was helpful.

I would post this in the thread labeled "For Colored Girls" for other responses.

But to answer your question; in order to get this color you might have to either bleach it blonde 1st and then add the black blue color. However, some ladies have been having success with just dyeing it brown to achieving the black/blue color. See if your demi-perm was a lighter color (like a red) then you could possibly do a rinse on top of that.

With that said, since the color is a very dark blue/almost black, your might have success in just trying it on your already dyed black hair. However, I would wait a couple of washes until your black it almost gone to try the blue color; b/c you might not see anything b/c of the black rinse. It is VERY difficult and harsh on your hair to lighten your hair after dyeing is black; even if it's a rinse. So I say try it and see how it turns out. You might have to do it a couple of times.

What brand of blue/black rinse are you using? If you don't mind could you post pics of how you hair turned out if you tried it. TIA!! and I hope this was helpful.

Thanks! I'll post the question there. I have a demi permanent using Ion Blue Black. There was no blue, though.

Back