Hair color question...

Determined22

Hey ladies, I need some advice.

About 9 months ago my stylist dyed my hair a red color. Now its growing out, and I have about 2 inches with my normal dark brown color, and the rest is a mix between light brown and red (due to fading). I'd like to start wearing falls or halfwigs, but I'm afraid that I can't, due to my hair being a couple of different colors, especially with the red still in it. Should I dye my hair back to its original color?

Thanks!

Hey!

This is what happened to me, and my hair just looked tired, LOL, with the colours. I dyed it around september, and my mom kept asking me to please do something about it, because it looked weird with the 2 inches of newgrowth. LOL

Except I have my dark brown roots, a 'brighter' red for about an inch, then darker red for the rest. Apparantly I had 'hot' roots :lachen:

Anyway, when I got the twists, I just used a colour that was inbetween the two, so it looked like I had highlights and/or low lights.

Turned out fine.

But when the twists grew out, LOL, it looked real tired, LOL

But don't dye ita gain, IMO

seraphinelle said:
Hey!

This is what happened to me, and my hair just looked tired, LOL, with the colours. I dyed it around september, and my mom kept asking me to please do something about it, because it looked weird with the 2 inches of newgrowth. LOL

Except I have my dark brown roots, a 'brighter' red for about an inch, then darker red for the rest. Apparantly I had 'hot' roots :lachen:

Anyway, when I got the twists, I just used a colour that was inbetween the two, so it looked like I had highlights and/or low lights.

Turned out fine.

But when the twists grew out, LOL, it looked real tired, LOL

But don't dye ita gain, IMO

I'm so glad I'm not the only one going through this!

I just didn't want to look crazy when I got to get a half-wig, I don't want it be unnatural-looking, ya know?

Thanks!

This is what my twists look like. You can hardly tell... But I've decided I won't be dying my hair for a WHILE.

A real long time.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 5
Since you plan on wearing falls, get a rinse in the dark brown color that you want. Apply it to your hair before you go to the BSS. Have them match your fall to the color your hair is after the rinse. Load up on that exact color of rinse you applied earlier. Reapply your rinse as needed until your hair grows out and it will blend find.

***Rinses are not detrimental to hair. They do not chemically change the hair; they apply a color on your hair that is rinsed out with a certain number of washes

***If you sit under the dryer with your rinse on your hair for about 15 minutes the color will last a lot longer.

HTH

MsDee4 said:
Since you plan on wearing falls, get a rinse in the dark brown color that you want. Apply it to your hair before you go to the BSS. Have them match your fall to the color your hair is after the rinse. Load up on that exact color of rinse you applied earlier. Reapply your rinse as needed until your hair grows out and it will blend find.

***Rinses are not detrimental to hair. They do not chemically change the hair; they apply a color on your hair that is rinsed out with a certain number of washes

***If you sit under the dryer with your rinse on your hair for about 15 minutes the color will last a lot longer.

HTH

Great suggestion! Thanks!

Back