Hair Challenge 2006: To be grateful

cmw45

I was thinking that all too often I get caught up in the hair game...why is my legnth not growing fast enough...why is my hair not as thick as I would like...why...that sometimes I foget to be greatful for that hair that I have on my head. I think my new personal challenge is to be grateful and appreciative of the hair I have now and not what might be or might not grow later.

I was just thinking today I'm so busy trying to get to APL, I have a no appreciation for my 9 months of progress! I have hair. Better and more hair than I did when I started. I'm so guilty of this one and I'm going to start this challenge today.
Great post, thanks. :kiss:

i complain about my hair a lot and my mom is like you should be happy you have hair. i definitely need to be in this challenge.

Good challenge. I actually have been keeping this in mind, myself.

For this reason, I stopped using growth aids and lots of products.

i am just keeping it simple and letting my body do its thing.

I am also been enjoying my hair more, as a result!

Really great idea..... im joining this challenge too. :)

On an unrelated note..... HoneyDew, i just noticed that you are from Columbia. Kewl, so am I.... I went to Wilde Lake High, then UMBC for undergrad. But I live in Brooklyn now for grad school.

KiniKakes said:
Really great idea..... im joining this challenge too. :)

On an unrelated note..... HoneyDew, i just noticed that you are from Columbia. Kewl, so am I.... I went to Wilde Lake High, then UMBC for undergrad. But I live in Brooklyn now for grad school.

Cool!

I went to Atholton and Maryland. I bought a house in Clarys Forest a few years ago.

Small world.

KhandiB is in Columbia, as well.

cmw45 said:
I was thinking that all too often I get caught up in the hair game...why is my legnth not growing fast enough...why is my hair not as thick as I would like...why...that sometimes I foget to be greatful for that hair that I have on my head. I think my new personal challenge is to be grateful and appreciative of the hair I have now and not what might be or might not grow later.
Great thread! :up: I believe expressing gratitude and appreciation works wonders for achieving our hair goals (and everything else!) .

cmw45 said:

I'm down with the challenge....cause I've been a whiny SOB for the past couple of months :ohwell:

I need to be more grateful...compared to how my hair used to be...I need to stop whining...:(

Ladies who are on the challenge how are you doing so far? I know I've had to check myself several times when I've gotten hair envy looking at someone else's album, complained bc my hair wasn't 'actin right' and wished that is was the length I want it to be already. I've found the being grateful means constantly thanking the lord (or whoever you feel is responsible for what you have) for what you have, not what you could have.

I didn't join this challenge because I missed the thread when it was originally posted. But I have been having great success appreciating my hair and being grateful. I am enjoying my hair so much more now and I feel so much happier about it. I want to continue with this, so I am joining this challenge. Great idea!

Great Challenge, I wanna be on. I've been wishing for other people's hair and more manageable textures and battling with the idea of going natural and my mind has just been all over the place!

We all need one of those "I love my hair" T-shirts. Thats why I'm just going to enjoy each stage of progress my hair goes through in this journey.

Happy hair growing to you all.:)

:) I'm in too!
I'm just complaining about my hair TOOO MUCH, I want it to be at Mid Back NOW though I never in my all life had the lenght that I have now I'm just ungrateful:nono: !

Please count me in..I think part of me not being grateful of my own progress is due to looking at other members and how there long there hair is..especially in the avatars & siggys..I'm always like man I can't wait till my hair is that long, not appreciating how far I've come..which is very far..excellent post

Thanks for bumping this ya'll. As I get closer to my dates (relaxer, takedown and trim) I find myself wishing again. Today, I'm going to recommit to being grateful. :yep:

yes, I would like to join also! I looked at someone's album and she was posing w/ her kids and I immediately thought..that's why i'm not married because I do no have long hair like that:confused: now if that wasn't an enemy jumping into my thoughts...so today I said I am not going back on that board..it's making me crazy:perplexed

HoneyDew said:
Cool!

I went to Atholton and Maryland. I bought a house in Clarys Forest a few years ago.

Small world.

KhandiB is in Columbia, as well.

Clary's Forest?! I live just around the corner from you in Hickory
Ridge. Definitely a small world!:)

mppaul2 said:
yes, I would like to join also! I looked at someone's album and she was posing w/ her kids and I immediately thought..that's why i'm not married because I do no have long hair like that:confused: now if that wasn't an enemy jumping into my thoughts...so today I said I am not going back on that board..it's making me crazy:perplexed

Don't even sweat it...a lot of us have been there. Just whenever you feel yourself getting too caught up in the game..step back and be like, "But I've got alllll this!" (I don't care what length your hair is, you can say this.)

When I originally posted this thread I was thinking about taking a break...but 1) I love my hair too much, 2) taking better care of my hair has also made me look at other was to improve my overall health and life.

So no matter where you are you can do this challenge...infact, it's one you CAN'T fail. Just check yourself.

cmw45 said:
Ladies who are on the challenge how are you doing so far? I know I've had to check myself several times when I've gotten hair envy looking at someone else's album, complained bc my hair wasn't 'actin right' and wished that is was the length I want it to be already. I've found the being grateful means constantly thanking the lord (or whoever you feel is responsible for what you have) for what you have, not what you could have.

*Ditto, Ditto, Ditto...you said all that was on my mind...*

Back