Hair care regimens for short hair

milotic13

Can I please have the regimens of those w/ short hair. I see alot for those that have length but what about those that have short hair?

NEW REVISED REGIMEN FOR 2006-2007

My regimen is simple

HAIR TYPE: 3c/4a
RELAXER: Silk elements lye regular every 3-4 months and rollerset
MAIN STYLE: 100% buns, wigs, hair piece ponytail holders
WEEKLY REGIMEN: I will use any moisturiser i have on hand oe s-curl or profectiv, sometimes oils
WASH DAY: every 10-14 days.
PROTEIN TREATMENTS: Henne colouring cream every 4wks and prior touch-up.

1) Pre-poo treatment- Dabur Amla oil.

2) Shampoo- Creme of nature or Pantene to clarify 1X a month

3)Conditioner- Aphogee 20 mins followed by motions or ORS for (20 mins under dryer).

4)on soaking wet hair I part and apply dime size amount of Rusk smoother conditioner to hair and a little keracare silken seal serum. After hair dries add profectiv to ends and mist with Fantasia IC Hair polisher mist.

5.I finger style hair wrap with silk scarf before i go to bed. In morning i moisturise ends with profectiv and roll hair into a bun, and cover with my hair piece ponytail holder or apply a wig to protect my hair.

My hair is pretty short, but I don't do anything much different from people with longer hair. I mostly just do a bi weekly CWC routine, moisturize everyday, and keep my hair protected with scarves. I'm currently transitioning, but when I relaxed, I stretched for 13 weeks.

when my hair was super short, i mean, like 6 mos post shaved, i took advantage of all hair artificial, braids, weaves, quick weaves etc...i didnt relax my hair until it was a length i could do something with. that was jan 2005, met lhcf in 2006, now i am 2 inches from BSL.
much sucess dont give up, get a style you like, and forget about your hair for a while.
good luck and much success.

when my hair was short, i did just the same as now.... daily cw and wear a wash n go.... i would only have a to use a bit of product to moisturize and i was good to go... (see below)

Attachments

• NaturalGlory.jpg
    NaturalGlory.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 9
milotic13 said:
Can I please have the regimens of those w/ short hair. I see alot for those that have length but what about those that have short hair?

Are you relaxed/texlaxed, natural, transitioning? As how short is your hair, there are certain things you can do depending on the length.

Im relaxed. I just had a major cut a month ago. I had breakage around my left temple and at the top part of my hair. So I had everthing cut down to a short pixie. Sometimes when I stress I have breakage near the top of my head, but this last time was a bit much.
So now I'm starting again from scratch. I really dont mind the cut b/c i like short cuts and my hair grows back quickly. I dont necessarily want long hair just healthy bouncy hair. I basically go to the salon every 2-3 weeks. Sometimes every three weeks depending if my money is funny and my change is strange. I wash my hair mostly every week w/ a moisturizing shampoo + conditioner. I curl my hair maybe once or twice a week. At night I oil & brush it down and use a hair wrap to sleep in.

I do a light protein/pre-poo treatment every week. Then I follow with a good wash & condition. Then I deep condition my hair. I am trying to maintain healthy hair as well as growth.

Here ya go,

it isn't in any certain order

Regimen

Pre-Poo (Pre-Shampoo)
-W/ Olive oil, honey, deep conditioner &/or profectiv. Mix and place on hair and let sit for 30mins,1hr or overnite.

Shampoo-
-Moisturizing shampoo w/ Crème of Nature

For Buildup
-Clarifying Shampoo- a clarifying shampoo gets rid of buildup and residue.
Or
-Baking soda w/ conditioner

-Clarify 1x a month

Conditioner
-Moisturizing/Deep conditioning
-Silk elements
-CON

Deep condition
-Olive oil, honey, & silk elements deep conditioner. Sit under dryer for 15-20 mins.

Protein treatment
-Motions CPR protein reconstructor

(and my hair is right below my ears)

I have short hair also. Here is what I do:
1 wash with suave clarify poo, poo with Nexxus threappe, light protein with Nexxus Kerphix, condition with Nexxus Humctress(i do all of this in the shower)
*with the conditioners I let it sit on my hair for a few minutes with cap while I shower, shave, etc..
2. I detangle with Nexxus Humctress, Redken Heat Glide, and coconut oil(for the last four washings, I have blowdried my hair)
3. comb down and air dry, going back over with the wide tooth comb a few more time so it is straight(not bone straight)
4. flat iron using Elasta QP mango butter and coconut oil or Keracare Essencial oil
I don't use heat for the rest of the week. I don't wrap my hair either, but I tie it down with a satin scarf at night and when I wear my winter hat. I use a headband just to jazz it up a bit. The curls last in the back because I don't tie my hair up tight and I leave a hump in the back, so the back of my hair isn't smashed down. I also moisturize and oil my hair at least twice a day.
I was in the process of deciding to transition, but I think I'm going to wait for the post post-partum shedding to cease. I also wanna wait for my hair to be longer so I can put it up in a ponytail.
I don't do weaves, braids, wigs, because that leaves a lot of stress on my hair and I want to learn how to deal with it from all of the different lengths that I obtain. i am growing my hair out on my own this time. Last time I was going to the shop once or twice a week.
i don't know how short your hair is, but I have a couple of pics in my album. I will be posting some more pics in Jan. or beginning of Feb.
Good luck to you and hope this helps! Feel free to ask any questions.

MY, MY, MY...we certainly need a short hair support group...and i mean those that cannot do a bun yet-short :lol:

for now, i am co washing in between washing once a week...i oil my scalp with one of two mixtures:
mtg/mn4%/hollywood beauty castor oil
or
mtg/profectiv megagrowth/hollywood carrot oil (and a little rose water and glycerin if the smell is still there)

i spray on my moisturizer ONLY after i wash...it is this mixture:
s-curl activator/De La Cruz rosewater & glycerin/more regular glycerin
then, i coat with wgo

i then section my hair into 4 sections and begin pin-curling each section into about 4 sections...i actually don't use pins, but i twist the hair section and wrap it around and put a mini scrunchie around each section.

once i wake up, my hair is so soft and moisturized and curly - it looks like natural curls and i do not have to comb it at all...i just twist-curl it again each night until i know i'm going to wash it the next morning...if i know i am going to wash it, then i apply a deep, deep pre-poo overnight along with mtg straight on my scalp.

i have given up my wigs and falls for now because of the rapid growth and strength i'm obtaining with the care i have been giving my hair...it is still not long enough for a bun, but it does not look horrific any longer AND, most importantly, i do not have to use heat at all! YAY! *\o/*
just think - right before i found that i could do the pin/twist curls, i was blowdrying and using my brand-new flat iron to death!

if i want curls (full bodied ones), i will use the sponge rollers and end papers instead of twist curls...those work wonders!

milotic13 said:

Cool glad you asked this. I just posted a thread asking about some suggestion for short hair. I just cut my hair short last night and now I have no idea what to do with it!

Back