Hair care 911 !!!!!!!!!!

shinyblackhair

Okay, my well-intentioned sister in law relaxed my hair for me yesterday. Well without me noticing she used two yes, TWO containers of hair relaxer in my hair. She put the cream all the way to the ends
nuts.gif

My dh was there (her bro) and I didn't freak out externally, but on the inside I was dying... well, she rinsed it and conditioned it for me. Surprisingly there wasn't a lot of hair loss- hardly any to be truthful, and I suffered no burns. I attribute this to my tough scalp and otherwise good treatment of my hair. I don't use heat and I alway air dry. I hadn't really relaxed my hair since like Apr. or May. so I had a lot of new growth. She kept saying to my daughter, "your mommy has so much hair", I'm used to it though - I've heard it all my life...anyway she put something in my hair and I asked her what it was before she put it: she said Optimum Care moisturizer it's so good, I use it all the time yadda yadda...so I let her...HELLO! my hair turned out to be a greasy oil can. My neck and tops of my shoulders were so oily!!! I feel like washing it but, I don't know if I should considering that it was just relaxed yesterday. What should I do?

I was thinking that I would do a MAJOR deep conditioning. I know that the damage is done. My hair has now been permed to death, but I guess I want to know what can I do to prevent further damage and loss of all this wonderful length that I so painstakingly achieved. Help! I am at your mercy.

Nadine (dying to go wash this oily sh!t out of my hair)

I know this probably sounds disjointed and unclear...just ask me if you need to know anything more to further assess the condition of my hair. Thanks so much!!!

Try using a mild protein conditioner your next wash, something which has both a moisturizing AND reconstructing effect. This is a tricky one to answer because your hair may have suffered damage in two ways... lost its ability to retain moisture and needs a good moisture treatment. OR its weakened and need proetin to reinforce some lost bonds.

Then again your hair may not have suffered much damage at all. But the deep conditoning treatment is a must.

i would wash it now and do a protein treatment with something like Aubrey GPB. since you don't use heat afterwards, i don't see a problem with washing again.

I think it'll be okay to wash tomorrow, I always wash mine 3 days after my touch-up. I do a protein treatment followed by deep moisturizing of course. A relaxer is permanent, no need to worry about harming the relaxer.

[ QUOTE ]
i would wash it now and do a protein treatment with something like Aubrey GPB. since you don't use heat afterwards, i don't see a problem with washing again.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree...I also would use the nueturalizing shampoo again. I shampooed the next day after I relaxed....I think my hair liked the moisture...

Back