Hair Butters? Anyone?

Natirelle

I have some questions !!

Do you make your own Hair butters? If so how do you make your concotion up?

If you purchase hair butters, what kind/brand are you using?

Thanks in advance !

I've been really curious abt this too! I saw one ounce of mango butter for eight dollars. Not a good look for me lol. My money doesn't run like that. So I'm interested in making my own. Hope someone comes in with info

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF...I'm addicted!!

i currently used mowrah and avocado butters.the mowrah butter is an excellent moisturizer for natural hair were as the avocado butter is great for slicking hair down:grin:

I use Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, I love it! It's nice and thick and creamy and you only need a little, I use it for twists, braids, twist outs and braid outs.

I don't make my own butter blends. I've only used them in their pure forms and when I did place orders, I ordered from www.oilsbynature.com. I've tried: Olive, Avocado, Shea, Cocoa, Sweet Almond among many others.

My favorite commercial hair butters are: Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and Oyin Handmade's Whipped Pudding.

This may be helpful: BUTTERS

I use mango butter :love2:

mixed with
Coconut Oil-for essential protein
Jojoba Oil-Conditioning
Rosemary Oil-Stimulate Hair Growth

I go by Capriana's oil mix from UrbanBushBabes.c o m

I actually made a thread about Hair Concoctions. This may also help you:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=546921

ETA: I accidentally came across mango butter from my sister. She had some in the fridge and didn't want it so I gave it a home and been using it ever since. I now order it online.

Last edited:
I use naturel lyfe whipped shea butter due to the yummy scents and she already put grapeseed in a little to get the whipped consistency which for me is great because it
does the moisturizing and sealing for me oil and butter :) with my leave in underneath not to mention great price http://www.naturallyyours.ecrater.com/

I've tried mango butter (too grainy), avocado butter, coffee butter, and shea butter. My favorites right now are avocado and coffee butters. I buy them at http://www.camdengrey.com/ and a pound of either butter will usually last me a year and I'm able to get so much use out of one jar.

I have Shea, Avocado, and Mango Butter. I want to try Coffee and Olive Butter soon. I use my avocado butter or a mixture of all three (with added oils) on my twist/braid outs instead of gel. It works for me and my DD.

I've used:
west african shea butter =too hard unless it's whipped or mixed with something else
east african shea butter= love it, very soft melts into your hair, it's been my staple this year, and it's my new fav
avocado=soft but not as soft as east shea and gives good results
mango butter= grainy difficult to work with unless mixed with something else like oils
aloe butter=soft, goes on easy, but it's mixed with coconut oil already I think.

I have been looking into this all last week. I want to make my own hair butters. So I will be researching and looking at the links you ladies have posted.

Back