Hair breaking - help!

Help! i had natural hair for 7 years then decided to relax it using (ORS). After i did that it was nice and silky, but it did fall out quite a bit which scared me. My stylist then suggested i use motions. I tried it and noticed my hair breaking just to the left of my crown and it was under processed...i thought nothing of it and carried on with motions. The my hair really started to break even more at the left side of my nape. I went to a different stylist who used Hair Revita and its gotten even worse. I now have just an inch of hair around the area near the left of my crown right down to the nape. I cut my hair to hide it, but its horrible.I'm thinking of braiding for a while before going back to ORS. Anyone got any advise? My hair really itches too. Anyone got advise for me? I can't find an awful lot of info about hair revita relaxer on the internet, but the products are made in italy. Someone help!

thanks Miss C

Firstly, welcome!! :grin:

And secondly, I think that braids would be a good idea for a while, just to give yourself a break from your hair and your hair a break from you. :lol: Just make sure to not let them put the braids in too tight, and to take very good care of your hair while in braids. Many ladies have found success with the Crown and Glory Technique, which is detailed here:
http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html

And here's a thread where people committed to doing the Crown and Glory Method for an extended amount of time. I think it's still going on, actually. It's too late for you to join the challenge but there's still alot of useful information there.
2009 Crown and Glory Challenge: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=314861

And lastly, (just my opinion though) you might want to consider taking a small break from relaxers, just to give your hair time to recuperate. It's never a good idea to relax hair that isn't in optimal shape, because relaxers are damaging by nature, so putting a damaging product on already damaged hair usually doesn't turn out too well.

But I'm not a hair expert by any stretch of the imagination, so hopefully some of the more experienced ladies will chime in.
HTH, good luck on your HHJ! :yep:

Last edited:
ITA with taking a break from relaxers and braids have never failed me in the past.

I would also say that you should try using warm oil on your ends. I heard about doing that on an old thread here and whenever I do it diligently my hair doesn't break off as much.

And lastly, before you put your hair into braids you should get a trim and keep the braids moist. That way the hair won't break off or get to dry in the braids.

HTH! Good luck!

Back