Hair BOREDOM!!Should I chop?

Dauntless

Okay for the last year I've been co washing daily and putting it up in a bun...baggying at night and on weekends....my hair has grown to WL and it's in very good health..So after a year of bunning and taking great care of my hair I was so excited to wear it out and flat iron it...Well recently I've done so and I'm pretty bored with my hair right now and frustrated....Wearing it out natural and curly isn't working because of my old layers my curls aren' hanging right and my hair knots up very bad from wearing it out which means I have to do serious detangling daily...So I thought I'd have better luck after flat ironing...So I flat Ironed it and still no luck..It just doesn't look right and it's not flattering at all...My hair is currently back in a bun and I'm extremely bored with my hair..

With all of the new edgy short hair cuts that are out right now I seriously feel the urge to chop it all off and try something new...Which would mean my year of rocking a bun would of been pointless..

Any advice? Or anyone stuck in a similiar rut?

I am the same way. Maybe you should re-layer your hair or take off two or 3 inches. You can even cut a bang. Dont cut you hair so short you will regret it. Especially if you have been use to long hair all of your life.

I'd either go with getting new layers cut or, if you really are just bored, learn some new styles. Visit some Fotkis. There are a lot of cute styles you can do to mix it up.

That may be the probelm...I never do styles...I'm a wash n go or unwrap n go kinda girl....I've never hair short hair not any shorter than SL....but I really want a change..Maybe I'll try a dye...

OP, you and your hair are gorgeous!
I know how you feel about the short cuts...they look sooo cute and care-free...I'm tempted as well! Blunt cuts are in this fall...so maybe if you get your ends cut super-blunt (keeping most of the length) with a chin-length bang, you will feel trendy...think- ultra-long cleopatra-ish...lol

I'll try to find a pic for ya...

Often times short cuts are more work. You can't pull them back in a bun when you are having a bad hair day. I was thinking, cut some of the layers out like some of the other ladies have suggested. I got bored with my hair once and cut it into a short bob that I loved for 2 months. After that, i grieved for years about loosing my hair.

blong-bangs-705890.jpg

28201496.jpg

here are a couple of cute styles...layers/bangs hth

Buy a short wig if you don't like the wig you won't like your hair short. And I stalked your fotki it looks like you are soon to get married??? Congrats! I think you would want your hair to remain long so you can style versatility on your wedding day. I don't want to assume but it is my experience that alot of men prefer their girls hair to be long I think your finace might appreciate you keeping your hair long at least until that special day. What do you think?

I'd cut some more layers and just add colour if I were you. There are so many things you do to avoid making that BC.

OP, you and your hair are gorgeous!
I know how you feel about the short cuts...they look sooo cute and care-free...I'm tempted as well! Blunt cuts are in this fall...so maybe if you get your ends cut super-blunt (keeping most of the length) with a chin-length bang, you will feel trendy...think- ultra-long cleopatra-ish...lol

I'll try to find a pic for ya...

Thanks ...the layers are a great option it's just difficult to find anyone out here that can cut hair and consider the effect the cut will have on the hair when it's being worn curly and/or straight....my layers were just in the front...like Aaliyah had back in the day and they never grew out and when it's curly it looks odd the curls don't hang right so I'm scared more layerws would jack it up when being worn curly..The pictures didnt show up for me :(.....

I would NOT cut my hair. IMO boredom is temporary. Buy some cut wig or half wigs and play around with those.

**I'm tired of reading about these nice haired ladies wanting to chop off their hair :spank:. Just foolishness! :lol:*** Fabiennd wishes she had waistlength hair...

i have been really bored with my hair too recently. i find that boredom sets in when i bun too much. when i think if chopping i style my hair and that takes the blues away.

hth

Often times short cuts are more work. You can't pull them back in a bun when you are having a bad hair day.

This is so true. I just did my big chop. I got a real edgy bob. It is easy to take care of when its straight because I just wrap it. When I wear it curly it is hard to do because of all the choppiness and layers.

i just checked your fotki... u and ur hair looks fantastic. i agree with the other ladies try bangs or layers a nice reddish brown color would be gorgeous on you! do they an aveda salon near you? i hear that they're pretty good

That may be the probelm...I never do styles...I'm a wash n go or unwrap n go kinda girl....I've never hair short hair not any shorter than SL....but I really want a change..Maybe I'll try a dye...
Some people's hair tangles too much for the wash 'n' go style. Mine does, so I do twist outs and they remain surprisingle tangle-free. HTH

Other than that, the ladies here have given you some good advice.

Yes the ladies have given great advice!!!! Thanks so much for the input..I think some blunt bangs would work great...does anyone know of any clip on bangs or a way to get that look w/o cutting...because again..long curls in the back ..short fro of curls in the front...not cute..lol...I really appreciate the advice ladies

Last edited:
i just checked your fotki... u and ur hair looks fantastic. i agree with the other ladies try bangs or layers a nice reddish brown color would be gorgeous on you! do they an aveda salon near you? i hear that they're pretty good

There is an aveda salon close by...maybe I should check them out

Ok ladies I gave up on the chop urge drama...I think it had some what to do with the recent probelms in my relationship..In high school I always cut my hair after a break up and since I feel the end of my engagment approaching I think I was rebelling..I'll save those details for the relationship board...Needless to say I over come the urge by listening to all of your advice and I also hit walmart and did a major product restock...nothing like retail therapy!!!

Back