Hair Boredom. How Do You Shake It?

Carrie A

So my hair is doing well. Some of it has reached APL some not. The APL challenge kept me motivated but now I'm getting restless. I want to try twists but don't feel like putting them in. Instead I went on a new product binge and ordered some Qhemet and Oyin stuff. I hope to shake myself out of this soon.
I heard a little voice saying cut your hair into a style. EEEKK.

How do you shake hair boredom?

Last edited:
So my hair is doing well. Some of it has reached APL some not. The APL challenge kept me motivated but now I'm getting restless. I want to try twists but don't feel like putting them in. Instead I went on a new product binge and ordered some Qhemet and Oyin stuff. I hope to shake myself out of this soon.
I heard a little voice saying cut your hair into a style. EEEKK.

How do you shake hair boredom?

Experiment with some new styles. If you have been doing protective styles, wear your hair down for the rest of the year and enjoy your length with some low-mani styles or vice versa. Buy some new hair toys, I just ordered some silk headbands from an online site and can't wait to get them. Play around with fake hair, I don't care for this one but I know a lot of ladies on the site have fun changing it up. After all it's just hair and it will grow back. Sometimes it's fun to get a layered cut or flaunt some bangs for a season. I love having cute bangs peeking out from under my winter hats. Don't let your hair become a burden, if you really want to cut it into a style and after much thought think it's best -GO FOR IT GIRL! :grin:

the last time I had this real bad and it was also the one and only time, I could not shake it , next thing you know I chopped it , but I got over it after that and it never came back:lachen:

I mean I still get bored with my daily pony, but nothing like what I was going through then, I hope you find ways to not 'react' and walk it out , dont do anything rash, I did have regrets after

but the blessing in disguise is that cut was needed and my hair grew back thicker and better at the ends from that point on :yep:

just try something different and stay away from scissors, I never would have thought i would actually chop......next thing you know.......i did

I tried all different types of buns and 'down dos' and in the end I ended up cutting my own bang.... I would say experiment like crazy but stay away from any scissors.

get a weave and experiment with styles. its a great protective style and if you cut, its not your hair. its fun

just try something different and stay away from scissors, I never would have thought i would actually chop......next thing you know.......i did

That thought just came out of nowhere. I had a pookie moment.
I think I'll add some rollersets. I forgot I was supposed to be doing those.

Experiment with some new styles. If you have been doing protective styles, wear your hair down for the rest of the year and enjoy your length with some low-mani styles or vice versa. Buy some new hair toys, I just ordered some silk headbands from an online site and can't wait to get them. Play around with fake hair, I don't care for this one but I know a lot of ladies on the site have fun changing it up. After all it's just hair and it will grow back. Sometimes it's fun to get a layered cut or flaunt some bangs for a season. I love having cute bangs peeking out from under my winter hats. Don't let your hair become a burden, if you really want to cut it into a style and after much thought think it's best -GO FOR IT GIRL! :grin:

Can you tell me where you got your headbands from? My hair is getting too fluffy for the normal ones and i need something different. thanks!

Back