Hair boo-boos!

Falon

There is no moral to the tale...just wanted to share...feel free to post your hair experiements gone bad!

This hair growing healthy hair goal has many bumps along the way...here I am thinking that I got this Ish down! Well you learn something new everyday...

I have been experimenting with Curl Activator...I was like this stuff is the BOMB for keeping hair moisturized...I washed on Sunday and my hair stayed so soft all day I was like this is Great! So Why did my behind spray curl activator on my dry hair and then I did some Bantu knots before bed Sunday night....

My hair wasn't saturated with the stuff but it was slightly damp..but I figured it would definitely be dry by morning...WRONG! When I let down my knots my hiar was damp and my waves fell right out! I ended up flatironing the hair...yes I know horrible but I had to bounce in 10 mins for work.

Anyway never say that I'm not persistant...I was bound and determined to make this work for me....I said let me start a little earlier and use less...and sit under the dryer for about 20 minutes...same result on Tuesday...sh*t...

MAN I AM HARDHEADED!

Tuesday night:

So I
scratchchin.gif
and said well I'm not washing tonight and I WON'T USE ANY ACTIVATOR I will just make the knots...I know I read on some post that you can do it with dry hair and put a plastic cap on to moisturize it...I surged and didn't put ANYTHING else on my hair...I popped the plastic cap on and got on the phone...I was laying in bed chatting...after an hour I noticed my head felt rather...warm..so I starts poking around under that cap...dag nabbit my hair was damp!

I was like HOW THE HECK CAN I PUT A PLASTIC CAP ON DRY HAIR AND IT GETS WET!

Then I realized curl activator draws moisture from the air...the more humid the conditons the more moist your hair will get..even though I hadn't used any activator since monday night...Well..I took the cap off and figured it was less damp than it had been the two previous times...and would dry by morning WRONG again...this is my third day in a row with a busted up do...cuz I had to rush...I was frantic I went for the curling iron...I was like "put that thing down" tried a pony tail...but it isn't that long!
cry3.gif
and I think it doesn't look good enough for the office that way...I was all out of fake hair couldn't even do a bun! And my real bun is soooo little at this point...finally I did a fast up do and bounced...but's it's one of those geled up messes...I'm playing it off but I feel like a mess...totally unsexy...and it didn't help that when I was coming up in the elevator there was a gorgeous impeccably dressed sister with her hair loking tight..I felt like a sooooo wack standing next to her!

No more activator for me....not unless it's my day off and I'm doing a wash and go...and using the dream curls with it.

I am dying to get home to fix my do...I don't know but it never bothered before when I had bad hair days...now I don't feel right unless the do is looking good.

Sisters from now on I am saving the experiments for the weekend.
lachen70.gif

lol funny story:)

one of mine is about a month ago, I was talking to a lady who works at the bank and her hair looked really nice so I asked her what she does to it. I always interrogate people about their hair here in FL bc the humidity is NOT my friend!

So she tells me that she just washed and conditioned and then blow dried it with a round brush. Now I should have known my non hair skill having, uncoordinated, silly self couldnt use a round brush bc I cant even use the blow dryer without a comb attachment to it.

Well of course I bought a round brush and attempted to duplicate her look that night. Needless to say I got the brush tangled up in a LARGE section of hair and COULD NOT get it out. In my frustration, I started trying to unwind it in different directions which made it worse. I almost started crying bc I thought I was going to have to cut it out of my hair. My boyfriend had to help me cut the to[s of the bristles out and get the hair out. Of course there was a huge wad of hair that got pulled out in the brush, but we managed to get most of it untangled.

LESSON LEARNED---NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Good thread Falon.....cause I got a good one to share with y'all

Last night for the third time, I tried coconut milk because I heard about how woooonderful it is and how sooooft it makes the hair. So I used a recipe that I got from somewhere on LHCF which was coconut milk, honey, some reg. conditioner and EVOO. So I painstakingly mixed all this stuff up and put it on my dry hair before I washed it. I only left it on for about 30 mins. So before when I used it it would make my hair kind of matted and tangly but I thought that may be because I didn't add the EVOO & Honey. So when I rinsed it out, it felt awful but I went on to wash it with Elasta QP. When I rinsed it out, I used Elasta QP Intense repair under a heat cap for 30 min, then Lustrasilk cond. again for 30 min. under heat.

MY HAIR WAS SO MATTED AND TANGLED!
mad.gif
I lost so much hair trying to detangle that I got back in the shower , put conditioner on and detangled that way with my wide tooth comb. So I used my avocado butter and Rusk leave-in like I always do and tied up my hair.

Today I woke up and it was soooooo matted AGAIN. So I got in the shower and rinsed it with Suave milk and honey to detangle it....AND LOST MORE HAIR THEN I DID LAST NIGHT. After that ordeal, I put it in two braids, put a ton of avocado butter on and now I'm just hoping for the best.
frown.gif

Anybody have any suggestions?

[ QUOTE ]
Falon said:
Sisters from now on I am saving the experiments for the weekend.
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. I can't wait until my summer classes are over because then I can really experiment with my hair. I can't just do any ole' thing since I have to sit through a three hour lecture MON-THUR and don't want my hair looking like a horrible mess. Once class is over, I'm going to be all in my hair experimenting with new styles
smile.gif
. But for now I have to be patient.
frown.gif

Other than putting relaxer through my hair all the way to the ends when I was young and stupid, there's nothing recent to report. I don't experiment with my hair. I wash, condition overnight, airdry, then braid it up. My hair is a bit past bra-strap. It took me too many years to get my hair act together and I'm not messing that up for anything. I have a routine that my hair responds to very well, so why change?
smile.gif

well, im living one right now!!!

my finger coils have gone terribly wrong!! i just dont have the technique...and i was willing to live with it...so, i continued, and then i get 3/4 of the way done and BAM!!! it just stops coiling all together!!! it just wont coil at all...i dont know why, or what i did....but i look pretty silly right now...i think im gonna get back in the shower and co wash all the gel out....just do some regular twists and call it a looooong looooong day!

sad...i hoped it would be cute:( luckily i got nowhere to go tomorrow...
~T~

Back