HELP my sister is having a curl activator disaster

Re: HELP my sister is having a curl activator disa

She said she needs to comb her hair--does she do it in the shower with conditioner in it, or does she do it after the wash before styling? I think she would have a lot less frizz if she does it the first way, if she doesn't already do it that way.

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:
She said she needs to comb her hair--does she do it in the shower with conditioner in it, or does she do it after the wash before styling? I think she would have a lot less frizz if she does it the first way, if she doesn't already do it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that she does the latter, but I will suggest that she do in shower as you recommended.

Well I comb in in the shower when I have conditioner in it. Then this is where I normally just get out, put on some clothes and let it air dry a little. Or I might shake it a little. Then I put the various "butters" mskibibi has told me about in my hair. I don't comb it then, I just fluff it and w/e needs to be done to get it in a decent fro. *However* when I put the curl activator in it I couldn't just do it like how I do with the butters. I had to separate my hair little by little and comb it. You don't understand I HAD to. When I put it in it was all tangled and nasty but once I combed it the curls would line up with each other. Just like I explained in my first post. And it was surprisingly easy to comb through. Which is unusual. Maybe I have too much hair or its too thick or something to just scrunch it and not comb it and call it a day. Or maybe its too short. By the way, the very first pic on the site my sister set up was the one where I just scrunched it in and didn't comb it. So thats how that turned out. The decent 2nd pic is where I comb it. So if you don't believe me, believe the pictures. In a couple days I'll try the clarifying thing, but using baking soda sounds more fun (its like playing mad scientist!). I just realized that OnceUponAtime said "Okay, now come back tomorrow and everyday to learn a new tip." Lol. I guess thats how innocent kids like me become cult members like my sister, huh?

[ QUOTE ]
MsNastassja said:
I just realized that OnceUponAtime said "Okay, now come back tomorrow and everyday to learn a new tip." Lol. I guess thats how innocent kids like me become cult members like my sister, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MsNastassja said:
I just realized that OnceUponAtime said "Okay, now come back tomorrow and everyday to learn a new tip." Lol. I guess thats how innocent kids like me become cult members like my sister, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
Awww... that's too cute!!
laugh.gif

I'm sure you'll get the activator thing down pat with a little more experimentation. Maybe you need to try a different brand...
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
MsNastassja said:

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
Awww... that's too cute!!
laugh.gif

I'm sure you'll get the activator thing down pat with a little more experimentation. Maybe you need to try a different brand...
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

She went to get Smooth and Shine and they didnt have it, but she's going to use this one until its done and then get the Smooth and Shine

On the up side this one is almost done. It took me about 2 days to use about 2/3s of it. My poor hair isn't used to being so harassed!

Ok I decided to twist my hair. Do you think the curl activator will keep it when I untwist it? (twist outs? Thats what they're called, right?) and at the very least, is curl activator a good moisturizer? Does anyone know how it works? Thanx.

[ QUOTE ]
MsNastassja said:
Ok I decided to twist my hair. Do you think the curl activator will keep it when I untwist it? (twist outs? Thats what they're called, right?) and at the very least, is curl activator a good moisturizer? Does anyone know how it works? Thanx.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not a good moisturizer for my hair. it worked for awhile and then it made my hair look and feel ugly a few weeks afterward. i think it was the glycerin in the product. but if it works fab on your hair and holds the style then continue to use it
smile.gif

Back