Hair After Henna!

ladytq

I did a henna treatment last week, loooved it! Left hair it feeling thicker, stronger and I have a nice color. But it's soo dry, which I know is a common effect with henna. I want to know what u ladies do after a henna treatment to get moisture back into the hair. I plan on doing another treatment but I want to make sure the moisture in my hair is up to par. Any help is appreciated!:)

Congratulations! Glad it worked out well for you. Mine was dry the first time because I included ACV. So for the next 3 days I kept my hair bunned and moisturized it twice a day and then it was back to normal. The second time I henna'd it was FABOOOOO!!!! I was so excited. I didn't use anything like ACV, lemon juice, etc. I just did henna/indigo, amla powder, with some oils and conditioner and my hair was so thick and soft and silky and had a red tint to it. If you need the slip back to your hair Neutrogena Triple Moisture conditioner will do it!! I love that stuff!

If I didn't deep condition after doing henna, my hair would be dry as a bone! :lol: I thrown on an ORS pak for half an hour or more (while I'm cleaning the house and stuff) and my hair feels great.

DCing is the best way to get your hair back to normal.

ladytq said:
I did a henna treatment last week, loooved it! Left hair it feeling thicker, stronger and I have a nice color. But it's soo dry, which I know is a common effect with henna. I want to know what u ladies do after a henna treatment to get moisture back into the hair. I plan on doing another treatment but I want to make sure the moisture in my hair is up to par. Any help is appreciated!:)

I also used a moisturizing conditioner while washing it out. I also spritz my hair with Veg glyercine.
(I know I keep running that Veg Gly line in but it is awesome)
Use a creamy leave-in also.

You ladies are awesome!!! Thanks for the replies. My next batch will include oils once the color has released. I'm off to get some NTM conditioner,ORS pak, and veg glycerine! I can't wait until my next treatment. Thanks again ladies

I'm open to more input.......

I henna my hair and I never DC after the henna; that would be too much work for me. My mix is very simple - I only add amla oil, olive oil and hot water. I apply it to my hair go under the dryer for 45mins - 1hr...., rinse out, rub conditioner in, shower, rinse out and that's it. My hair is never dry....., soft and strong.

Back