Had A GREAT Hairdresser Experience... Now Thinking of Going More Often!

KiSseS03

*Singing* Mama, I think I found that girrrllll! Yeaaa Yeaaa :lachen:

I'm so happy with this lady, my hair and I are both smiling!

She was timely: my friend and I both got relaxers/styles/trims and we were in and out within 2 hours.

She was pleasant and knowledgeable and used a great product to relax our hair (Affirm).

My hair looks great! It's healthy, swangin' and I'm about 3 inches from BSL! The longest my hair has ever been in my life!

After this great experience I'm thinking of going more often just for a treatment and style. I don't like to use heat at home because I always manage to damage my hair so I think going to her once a month for a treat would be nice. Between visits I would do my usual wash and rollerset or braid-out.

Has anyone done this and managed to keep there hair healthy. I'm sure there was a thread on this before, but I couldn't find it.. so feel free to post a link :)

That is so good to hear of a positive salon experience...I was starting to worry that there weren't any good stylists left!

There are still a few good stylist out there. Here's a referral:

MR2 Hair & Nail Salon

For those of you who are interested in finding a good hair stylist in Los Angeles, I highly recommend Rudy of MR 2 Hair and Nail Salon, located at 3852 Crenshaw Boulevard (two blocks north of King Boulevard on the east side of the street--across from Angelus Mortuary). His phone numbers are (323) 294-1712 and (323) 292-7714.

I've been going to him since 1990, and I highly recommend him for the following reasons: He is not a "scissor-happy stylist;" :nono: (you will reach your hair goals); :yep: his customers have been with him for a very long time, and their hair is healthier and longer than other stylist's customers; he won't tear your hair out while handling it; :nono: he doesn't press the hair "bone straight" to the point where there's no body; he's moderately priced; :dance7: and he allows you to bring in your own hair care products. :clap: Let him know in advance if you want to continue to use your staples.

He offers tips that are beneficial for your hair. In addition, he's very mild tempered and patient. So for those of you who are fed up with your "scissor-happy stylist," try Rudy. :superbanana:

Congratulations!

I thought I had a good one, until she started to change on me after 9 mos. I think I'm going to stop searching.

*Singing* Mama, I think I found that girrrllll! Yeaaa Yeaaa :lachen:

I'm so happy with this lady, my hair and I are both smiling!

She was timely: my friend and I both got relaxers/styles/trims and we were in and out within 2 hours.

She was pleasant and knowledgeable and used a great product to relax our hair (Affirm).

My hair looks great! It's healthy, swangin' and I'm about 3 inches from BSL! The longest my hair has ever been in my life!

After this great experience I'm thinking of going more often just for a treatment and style. I don't like to use heat at home because I always manage to damage my hair so I think going to her once a month for a treat would be nice. Between visits I would do my usual wash and rollerset or braid-out.

Has anyone done this and managed to keep there hair healthy. I'm sure there was a thread on this before, but I couldn't find it.. so feel free to post a link :)

I'm so glad your happy with a prompt and nice hair stylist. I think you should evaluate if your hair looks so great because of the great job you've been doing at home, versus what she did for you in the shop. I just don't want you to give credit to her and not to yourself for the low heat low manipulation thing you've been doing on your own.:nono:

Back