GUESS WHAT I GOT FOR XMAS!!!

teysmith

My sister lives OT so she shipped me some Xmas gifts. I got them today..Yay!! I know I was suppose to wait until Xmas to open it but you know me...:grin: Well anyways I was so happy to see that she got me a bunch of Doo Gro products :)

She's been wanting me to try them but I've never got around to doing so..
I'm so happy to have them, but I dont know much about Doo gro.
I've hear good and negative things..

What is your experience with Doo gro? Do you like it? Did your hair grow?:drunk:

She sent me the Mega Thick Anti-thinning shampoo, The mega thick intense repair rebuilding thickening treatment, The triple strength anti breakage lotion & The Mega Thick Anti-thinning growth lotion

What do You think of these products...I know some of them have mineral oil but I'm not afraid of a little mineral oil..

Dont be afraid to state your opinion..I know it was a gift but I want to know What you think. Ofcourse I look forward to trying them for myself.:)

The Mega Tek products work great. Just be careful with protein overload. There are a few threads from 2008 that can give you a better description on how to use the products. I've never tried Doo Gro.

Tell your sister I want her to be my relative! LOL I love her present.

Just like BostonMaria said, the Mega-tek products are great, but PLEASE BE AWARE of the protein overload. I used to use Doo Gro in high school, and while they did work for me, they are SUPER GREASY, and i like my hair to move so I stopped using them. They also made my scalp itch like crazy...

The Mega Tek products work great. Just be careful with protein overload. There are a few threads from 2008 that can give you a better description on how to use the products. I've never tried Doo Gro.

Tell your sister I want her to be my relative! LOL I love her present.

Mega tek?
And I know she's awsome:yep: she always gives great gifts.

Just like BostonMaria said, the Mega-tek products are great, but PLEASE BE AWARE of the protein overload. I used to use Doo Gro in high school, and while they did work for me, they are SUPER GREASY, and i like my hair to move so I stopped using them. They also made my scalp itch like crazy...

mega tek? is it part of the doo gro line?

mega tek? is it part of the doo gro line?

No its part of another line. When I skim through your post the first time I thought it read MEGATEK, but when I went back through, I see it reads MEGATHICK.

I might be wrong though, the way these companies switching up their products nowadays.

Last edited:
I think there was a little confusion, and the ladies thought you meant Mega tek, which is a popular growth aid round this parts.

I use Doo gro, way back in the day and it was just ok. I use to love the stimulating growth oils to base mz scalp pre relaxer. Many of there products are loaded with petrolaneum, mineral oil and other fillers. I would say, use them and see how they work for you, maybe the formula improved.

I think there was a little confusion, and the ladies thought you meant Mega tek, which is a popular growth aid round this parts.

I use Doo gro, way back in the day and it was just ok. I use to love the stimulating growth oils to base mz scalp pre relaxer. Many of there products are loaded with petrolaneum, mineral oil and other fillers. I would say, use them and see how they work for you, maybe the formula improved.

Thanks. I think I will give them a try to! My sister loves this stuff. and her hair is pretty nice.. I'll just have to see for my self:) I'm crossing my fingersXXXXX LOL

i used to use doo gro's products back before i started my hair journey. mostly their greases :nono:

but i really liked their anti breakage protein leave-in. it really strengthened my hair.

& their shampoos smell pleasant. they'd probably be really good to clarify with.

i don't know anything else about the line though. no raves, & it's in the ethnic aisles at stores, so i'm a bit biased, & assume it's not hair-healthy, but there are always exceptions.

awesome gift! i wish my relatives would buy me hair products :)

My mom used the doo gro line, not sure exactly which products, but I know she has been after me to find her something else, I'm thinking perhaps, she did not get the results she was looking for. Each head/person is different. It's great of your sister to share with you. Enjoy your gifts. ;0)

I'm not particularly impressed by the Doo Gro line...like ....at all. Read their ingredient list.... how high is mineral oil on the list? I remember my hair feeling very weighed down and stiff with their products. I've heard their hot oil treatment is pretty good. Nothing to write home about. But your sisters heart was in the right place.:yep:

You have a wonderful very thoughtful and sweet sister to get you so many hair products that's awesome:love2:

I remember using Doo Gro Triple Strength Revitalizer (grease) a long time ago. It worked really well on my edges. I don't think I ever used any of their other products.

I tried it tonight..I used the shampoo It was pretty good. It definately made my hair feel a bit stronger, I like that.
The mega thick intense repair stuff was ok. Its like a conditioner.
But I must say that I really really loved the Triple strength anti breakage growth lotion! It wasnt too oily, wasnt too thick and Is the first product that I have found so far that doesnt weigh down my hair..super happy about that:)
I dont know about the anti thinning lotion..havent really tried it yet..

I'm gonna continue to use these products and see what happens..

I only tried the growth lotion and wasnt impressed because it left my hair greasy which led to my face breaking out from laying on a greasy pillow.

Back