Growth spurt and warm weather

I think I'm going to include the sauna. But I don't think I'll sleep comfortable with a cap on my whole head. I have a rough time with the silk scarf :lol:

Hi Den1,
I'm a newbie and that's so true about the cap. I received my mtg oil last tuesday and have been leaving it on my one week old braids. I mtg every day so i wear a shower cap at night then on top of it i put a silk scarf and on top of it a satin bonnet . i did that for the past 5 days and i kid you not not only my hair is always moist (and i let it breathe every morning and if i have to go out or whenever i m in the house i wear it because i dont want to ruin my couch or pillowcase. so my hair is always covered) but in just 5 days i regrew my hairline im so amazed it really works 6 months ago some too tight cornrows ate my hairline it even grew hair i never thought i had in my forehead it s all fuzzy. i think in just 4-5 days i have baby hair all over the forehead. i wash my hair once a week. i'm in braids and i big shoped 2 weeks ago i have maximum 2-3 inches total natural hair i plan on keeping my braids 2 more months if i can make it. So your technique works i was just using it unaware just cause it was convenient and not to ruin furniture sometimes when i go out i kid you not like grocery shopping i have my shower cap on top of my braids then my satin bonnet and on top i wrap a lovely silk scarf i never put moisture just the mtg and as i wash once a week, the whole week my head natural oils and the heat of the shower cap and the sweat moisturizes my hair sorry did not mean to write a book but thank you den1 for making me realize funny the things we do unaware that help growth :D

I have three week old braids in right now, and I think I'm seeing growth from the mtg (2nd week using it) and hopefully it's not slippage. Anyways, I'm going to do this technique for a week straight and then every other day until I take my braids out. I'm determined to see some growth by time I take these braids out.

does anyone do this and wear their hair down? Any relaxed heads trying this method with wearing it down??? What is your style while doing this?? I want to try this!!

Great idea! I'll be starting today. I'm really lucky 'cuz I work from home, so can keep my head wrapped all day...Bumping with some ques...
Is this method good to use with mtg on the scalp?
After spritzing hair with rosewater mix should an oil or pomade be applied to seal the moisture, before applying the baggie - or is the spritz enough?

Yes Bbabe you can use the mtg with the baggy method. At first i was using it straigth every day the first month with my braids, then being lazy i switched to once a week and use it diluted with castor oil the second month. I did notice the growth was faster the first month though when i use it undiluted. I thought i could keep the braids in for 3-4months wrong usually my hair grow so slow but the braids had to come out guess what i have 5'' total it touches the bottom of my neck. I started with 3inch that i trimmed to 2'' to get rid of scab hair and did braids. so i gain 1 inch and half per month (mind you i did take 1 freeda biotin per day, 1 nature super b complex and one EPO but when i took it by themselves prior to mtg i would get almost 1inch per month. I'm thinking hum lets say dreaming if i can manage 1.5 a month and retain that with the baggie method and cornrows every 2 months for a year that s just what i need to reach my hair goal in one year or 1year and a half hahah i just need 16-18inch more) and thanks to the baggie that i keep everyday (even as i m writing down hihi :D ), i thought my hair would be dry and harsh but its so moist thats a first for my 4bb hair. But i had a lot of build up in the braids but thanks to the board i bought braids unbraid sprayed it and watched all the build up dissolve so now no more braids now i just stick to cornrows easier to remove and no fear of the growth hanging and hurting the whole braid. so i m thinking hum if i can manage to keep my head warm in any weather then maybe i can fool my head and hair in the winter season by keeping it wayyyyyy covered ahhahah room temperature so i can keep that summer enhanced growth spurt. Cant believe my Mtg bottle lasted me only two months good i m reorder and just use it once a week. Why do you think girls if we keep our hair covered and moist in the winter season and minimize the time we wear :confused: it down cant we get the same growth than in the summer warm weather?

This is a very good thread. I started trying this with my braided updo, then I started wearing braidouts and didn't want them frizzing up. Duplicating warm, humid climates by wearing a plastic cap to bed (and around the house?) to increase hair growth would make a really good challenge...

den1 said:
bumping, any more plastic cap methoders out there

i'm goin 2 jamaica in april, and my hair is triggered off by heat...do you have any tips on how to get the most from the weater? i was thinkin of wearing my bedtime style out and about with maybe a wig on top..or just leave it braided up with no wig and oiling my hair when needed.

Candy_C said:
i'm goin 2 jamaica in april, and my hair is triggered off by heat...do you have any tips on how to get the most from the weater? i was thinkin of wearing my bedtime style out and about with maybe a wig on top..or just leave it braided up with no wig and oiling my hair when needed.
Don't wear no wig, your hair is gong to itch like crazy, your hair is going to be very soft, out there. wear your own hair braided it won't keep though, mine didn't, it began to matte due to the humdity and growth spurt. I had to take them out, and rebraid. i hardly used much moisturizer, carry a good natural shampoo like JASONS heard good things about it,nothing heavy like CON and for a conditioner i used JASONS SEA KELP out there and my hair did well. you should be able to get them from health food store like apple jacks

just reviving this thread, is anyone doing this method for spring/summer, i've just started back hoping that i will reach waistlength by sept, it really does work, i keep my hair cornrowed and covered with a baggy and wig during the day, i take it off at night, i will taking pictures of my progress next friday, wish me luck

Soooo...could a humidifier in the home help?

i have acute asthma anyways..

Back