Growth challenge update !!

DangerouslyShy

Hey ladies...

My growth for this past month wasnt much...I am a month and a week post relaxer...doesnt seem like i received much growth....my roots are curly but it doesnt seem like any length came with it... if that makes any sense:-/

I just took my weave out ....i gave myself a protien treatment, a good wash and a deep condition....

im having some problems with the front part of my hair...from the middle to the back my hair grows so fast compared to the front....my bangs NEVER GROW...really they been that length for the longest anyone have any tips to help me concentrate on that area to get it to grow....?

For the next week or do im going to wear my phony pony and my afro puff so i wont manipulate my hair...and also i will surge more, and start my vitamins again i really took a LONG hiatus from doing that.

here are my pics for this month
http://public.fotki.com/DangerouslyShy/growth_challenge/febuary_12-13_2005/

Looks great! Have you tried essential oils. I have been using jojoba,castor, rosemary and ylang ylang. My hair is coming in quite nicely around the edges.

Like you, my bang area takes forever to grow. I'm about to try WGO with surge and see it I can get it to catch up with the rest.

divine said:
Like you, my bang area takes forever to grow. I'm about to try WGO with surge and see it I can get it to catch up with the rest.
I have been using surge not consistantly...do you use it just on the bang area? or all your hair...?

mrslee i use jojoba, meadowfoam, castor, carrot and coconut oil....lol i dont know how much more oil i can put in my head...lol Is rosemary oil the best?

thanks for the comments ladies...

DangerouslyShy said:
I have been using surge not consistantly...do you use it just on the bang area? or all your hair...?

mrslee i use jojoba, meadowfoam, castor, carrot and coconut oil....lol i dont know how much more oil i can put in my head...lol Is rosemary oil the best?

I cant say if Rosemary is the best, I know it promotes growth. You are using some very good oils. I am considering adding meadowfoam to the mixture. Its a very moisturizing oil.

I use Surge all over my hair. Are taking any vitamins?

Dangerouslyshy I think I have found my hair twin. You may want to stop leaving the front of your hair out when wearing your weave styles I to had this problem once before. Your hair has defintely grown.
Happy Hair growing :)

D.Shy, I definitely see growth :) . It is hard to tell how much since January, because of the braidout, but from the December pics, I see great progress, no worries. Keep it up :up:.

DangerouslyShy said:

I use it all over my hair, but not like I should....

Hair2day said:
Dangerouslyshy I think I have found my hair twin. You may want to stop leaving the front of your hair out when wearing your weave styles I to had this problem once before. Your hair has defintely grown.
Happy Hair growing :)

How do you weave if you don't leave the front of your hair out? Do you have to get a closure weave?

19sweetie said:
How do you weave if you don't leave the front of your hair out? Do you have to get a closure weave?
i have done them with no hair out before...you sew the braids together and it acts as a closure piece....

mrs lee I have Biotin, MSM, Zinc and Silica I havent been taking them this past month but im going to start today!!!!lool i slacked off...

Hairs2Day Do you have pictures of your hair?! Im glad i found a hair twin!!

Back