Growth Aids: Is it better to be consistent or can/should you switch it up?

Should you be consistent or switch up growth aids

• Be consistent with growth aids, dont switch up for maxium effects

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Switch them up for maxium effects, growth products do get used to you/work less

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I think the results will be the same either way

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No clue

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

fluffylocks

I was wondering if you should stick to the same growth aid for months, or switch it up every month

Im confused because i think if you stick with the same one, your body/scalp may get used to it, but if you switch it up you may experience a shock of growth, but it also may be too soon to see any increase in growth at all

I ask because each month i want to try something different, but surely dont want to be wasting my time
( i was going to do use one of these three every month, and then just repeat after three months is over)

Boundless Tresses
Miconazle Nitrate
Lenzi's request

I think it's better to be consistent. I know for BT it says right on the bottle that it can take 2-4 weeks to even begin seeing results.

I think it is important to be consistent (at least 4-6 months) before you can judge if a growth aide is or is NOT working for you. I get peeved at posts slamming a product that the user only used for a one week or less. :ohwell: This is espeically true for vitamins! Your body will use nutrients for health FIRST and then for hair/nails - so if you don't eat right it will take longer to reap the benefits in term of hair, skin, and nails.

Last edited:
I think it is important to be consistent (at least 4-6 months) before you can judge if a groth aide is or is NOT working for you. I get peeved at posts slamming a product that the user only used for a one week or less. :ohwell: This is espeically true for vitamins! Your body will use nutrients for health FIRST and then for hair/nails - so if you don't eat right it will take longer to reap the benefits in term of hair, skin, and nails.

ITA!!! I hate when people say they want such and such but turn around and say "I'm not consistent enough". I always tell people "stop telling me what you want if you're not consistent, the reason why you don't have what you want is due to the choices you made yesterday":wallbash:.

Now that I've had my rant:lachen::lachen::lachen:, I think you should be consistent for a few months:grin:.

I switch up every six weeks... My hair needs to stay shocked...and not get used to the same treatment...

I am not sure about the external growth aids like MTG or BT but I know that biotin works better for me when I use it for a couple of months and then take a break. I'm not sure why but I get a jumpstart when I start up again.

This is good question. I think consistency with anything yields results over time whether good, bad, or somewhere in between. As far as growth aids go, I haven't used anything consistently enough to make a judgement one way or another. But once fall sets in, I plan on getting my act together and using my MTG consistently until it's all gone. My hair grows so slow in the winter, which is why I plan on starting back up then.

My advice is make a plan, then work the plan. It doesn't have to be forever but it should not be only for 1 week either.

Back