growing my hair out

Dejuan42

hey im trying to grow my hair out to my elbows or atleast close to it. my problem is my hair keeps breaking because i can't wear braids because my hair on the sides is thin from using too many curly perms. it's been regrowing for 3 years and still hasnt fully recovered. I thought about using ORS temple balm but i cant use any type of oils and greases because i have an oily scalp that flakes constantly. I dont think its going to fully regrow back because of the perms -sad face- but i be praying that it does. my mama told me perms grow your hair BIG MISTAKE i payed for it. any body have any suggestion that will help me grow my hair out or rather get my sides back. i'd really appreciate it thanks

Hello..... I know exactly what you're going through. A bad perm, thin sides... we all can help you here. Now you said that you have an oily scalp... well have you tried the ORS temple balm? I heard that it was really great for repairing hair. Now what I can speak from experience on is the ORS carrot oil! That stuff works wonders for my hair. With the built in amino acids that it has, it really repaired my hair. When I first had cornrows, I was going through the trial-and-error stage ..... then I found the carrot oil. If you decide to purchase it.... you should really focus on the ends of your hair when using it since you have an oily scalp. Doing this... less breakage will occur. Now you really have to be consistent. Also a good conditioning and detangling shampoo such as a Cream of Nature will do you wonders. Personally I use ORS uplifting Shampoo since I have cornrow extensions and it really promotes growth, but you find out what works for you. I think the best oils (((NO GREASES)) are carrot oil, olive oil, Wild Growth Oil and Jojoba oil. ALSO .... when you're in the store, just don't pick up anything. Also Le-Kair's has a great cholesterol and Motions has a great mosturizing conditioner. Daily scalp massages are great for the hair also. And its what you eat and your vitamin in-take that can aid in stopping breakage. A lot of top vitamins are Puritan's Pride Biotin and MSM, Hair Formula 37 , Viviscal, Gnc Ultra Nourish and Nature;s Plus Ultra hAIR pLUS.

hope this helps

OH YEAH....... I FORGOT ABOUT DRINKING LOTS OF WATER AND EXERCISING!!! Sorry if it sounds like a lot. What most people don't realize especially type 3 and 4 is that perms can really take a toll on your hair if you don't take care of it properly. Here's a great website
www.growafrohairlong.com
check it out, thats if you already haven't///

I take
ultra hair from nature's plus 2 pills 1x a day
Zinc 50mg 1x a day
flaxseed oil 1000mg 2x a day
selenium 200mcg 1x a day (for the dandruff)
Vitamin E 400 I.U. 1x a day (for the dandruff)
MSM 1000mg 1x a day
i use cream of nature shampoo any other shampoo irritates my scalp even though they smell better. i towel dry my hair gently then apply lekair's cholestorol. it works good on my hair although it breaks a little when i apply it but when it dries it feels alot better and stronger. i've tried carrot oil but it just contributes to more dandruff. i've tried the temple balm it just irritated my scalp and caused pimples. i've even tried profectiv products. dandruff dandruff dandruff! lol i have seborrheic dermatitis i think i got it because a while back i sprayed too much oil sheen in my hair. the vitamins i take they make my hair grow really fast but it doesnt get any longer then about two inches on top and a little shorter on the sides because of the breakage and the fact i cant wear braids because of the thin sides. My parts on the sides like if i was going to get cornrows are really wide that's why i refuse to get cornrows until they grow back

Sometimes less manipulation is the best for hair that is damaged from overprocesing.
Try lightly shampooing and then using a moistuirizing conditioner mixed with a little jojoba oil and maybe some melted shea butter as a leave in...nothing on your scalp(I havne't used anything on my scalp in over 2 years). Do this daily or mist with distilled water(swear by this stuff). I found the constant moisture has my sides bangs growing the longest they have been since I was a child. I strongly feel that all the products in the world won't work well if you have hard and or highly chlorinated water. Good water is the base you need to start with.

[ QUOTE ]
but doesnt your hair dry right back out once the water dry up?

[/ QUOTE ]
No because I use the leave-in I posted(sorry I didn't make that clear)...the mixture I posted of conditoner and jojoba oil) seals in the water to keep my hair moist. I don't rinse that out.

Back