Gro Aut question for those who have tried it or use it...

luckiestdestiny

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to up my growth rate (got great growth, oct and nov, slightly slower into Dec just from eating right...however I stopped eating right during my finals and so my growth was only just a little faster than normal...also doing tea rinse). I was thinking of applying a topical in addition to eating right and tea rinsing. Anyways I had a question about gro aut as I am not a fan of sulphur (please no trying to convince me!

First question: Does grow out contain sulphur?

Second question:
Also, if anyone has updates from using it I have two questions
1. How long have you been using it.
2. Are you having shedding?
3. What are your results?
4. Do you recommend this product.

1. I have been using it for about 6-8 months now. Can't remember the exact start month.
2. No, I have not noticed any shedding from using it, well not more than usual.
3. My hair is soft when I apply it and if I apply some with just a little bit of water to dampen, I am able to detangle my hair quickly and painlessly. I did not notice any growth from using it
4. Yes. Once I am done with this bottle I will be buying more.

HTH :)

I think it does contain sulfur, but I'll check my bottle tonight to be sure.

I have had great growth while using this product, but I've also been using my OCT. The true results for Gro-aut will come when my bottle of OCT runs out. I had three inches cut in Sept and three months later my hair was back to its starting length. That' s amazing for me because my hair usually grows 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month.

I've had some shedding, but once again, I don't want to pinpoint gro-aut when I've been using OCT at the same time.

I'll update when I've only used gro-aut as my growth aid for a couple of months. Even then, you'll have to take into account that I also take Shen-min and Biosil. :rolleyes: Actually, maybe I shouldn't have responded - I have too much going on :lachen:.

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to up my growth rate (got great growth, oct and nov, slightly slower into Dec just from eating right...however I stopped eating right during my finals and so my growth was only just a little faster than normal...also doing tea rinse). I was thinking of applying a topical in addition to eating right and tea rinsing. Anyways I had a question about gro aut as I am not a fan of sulphur (please no trying to convince me!

First question: Does grow out contain sulphur?
IIRC yes, MSM.
Second question:
1. How long have you been using it.
Really don't remember when I bought it or when I first used it.
I haven't used it consistently, have only used 1/4 of the bottle, so I wouldn't have updates. I oiled my scalp once in a weeks time with it
2. Are you having shedding?
I did notice increased shedding the last couple times I used it which is why I stopped using it. I just bought mahabhringraj and will try using it with it next year (per ReddTweetyB). I have hypothyroidism, so I get turned off when things increase my shedding. For a while I won't be using anything that may increase shedding.
3. What are your results?
No results other than it is very soothing on my scalp and made my roots very soft as well. I didn't really use it often enough to be like a real "growth aid"so I can't call it, because of increased shedding.

4. Do you recommend this product.
I wouldn't not recommend it, but I think results vary by person. I would keep a close eye if concerned about shedding.

First question: Does grow out contain sulphur? dont think so, no sulfur smell

Second question:
1. How long have you been using it. It was a year this month
2. Are you having shedding? NO
3. What are your results? I LOVE IT-
4. Do you recommend this product. DEFINITLEY
if you go to her website, im CM of VA- if i hadnt trim the splits, i would be brastrap by now-

Last edited:
First question: Does grow out contain sulphur? dont think so, no sulfur smell

Second question:
1. How long have you been using it. It was a year this month
2. Are you having shedding? NO
3. What are your results? I LOVE IT-
4. Do you recommend this product. DEFINITLEY
if you go to her website, im CM of VA- if i hadnt trim the splits, i would be brastrap by now-

How much growth do you say you're getting a month versus your usual. Thanks again!

I have been using the products for a year and I have had 3 trims ( every relaxer, 3this year, June, Sept, Nov each received about 1 inch trim. You take a chance on every product because everyone's hair is different, so for my hair the oil is good- other members here have also had success - if i didnt care about my ends, i would be bsl-

Last edited:
Been using it a couple months, NO SHEDDING..my fine hair seems to love it!:cupidarrow: It is finally growing!!! Like so many others, I messed up really bad about three months ago and dyed my hair before relaxing it.
( Supposed to go the other way around I've been told) ...WOW my hair around the nape, by the ears and the rest of the hairline litteraly broke off to within an inch from the scalp...it had been growing so well and I was heartbroken...and more just kept coming out no matter what moisturizing and all-natural products I would use..I'm talking about big knotty clumps of hair to where I dreaded washing and even gentle combing/brushing..I thought about cutting it all off.. but the Gro-aut system ( sans the shampoo- I have an all natural one I love already) : i.e. the jojoba rosemary conditioner, the big three for my scalp: mahabhring-, bhring-, gro-aut, and the coconut oil for my ends has been a lifesaver. My hair hasn't been below shoulder length since pregnancy (4 years ago)...and now it is!! I hardly lose any now when I comb/brush and I wash my hair 2X/week and blowdry. I will use this forever NO LIE- I gotta tell my mom about this b/c she has been looking for something that works ever since I can remember-maybe I'll get her the sample pack for Christmas...Anyways any questions just ask, cuz I def recommend :grin:

I used it for three months and did not notice any shedding or growth spurts, but then again I only used the oil. I think it is recommended to use the whole systems to see a drastic increase in growth so that is probably the reason I didn't maximize growth with it. It's a pretty good oil, but I would not purchase it again.

Back