Greetings! and 4a concerns

CurlyActress

Hello everyone! After lurking for a couple of years, I finally subscribed! I got tired of not being able to see pictures, post or do anything important, lol. The reason I finally decided to write is I'm having trouble with my hair. I'm trying to get over a hump and grow my hair to a least BSL stretched, SL or a little shorter unstretched.

For the past few months I've been wearing wigs. I wash my hair once a week, DC with Elasta QP Soy Hydration, honey and EVOO, and braid into 12-15 plaits (I can't braid to save my life, lol).

I miss wearing my hair out! What's the point of having it if I can't show it off? I would like to find a way to minimize knots and tangles while wearing it out. Basically any tips you can give me would help! Sorry for the rambling.

Attachments

• texture.JPG
    texture.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I agree with WND. My DD's hair is very prone to tangling, especially when she wears it out, but with a little SheaMoisture Resorative Conditioner (it's a leave-in) sealed with castor oil, the tangles just melt. HTH

BTW- Your hair and color are GORGEOUS :yep:

I agree with the others. Gorgeous hair and color! Moisturizing your ends twice a day, sealing with castor oil are very helpful. Pineappling at night could also help.

Hey lady, I would rollerset to stretch it out and then do a braidoust. This is what I do. My siggy is an example.

I am loving your color, do you have a front shot? a straightened shot and a back shot? lol, basically can you just put up more pics, block your face out if that makes you nervous :)

welcome!!
your color is cool :D
my suggestions for minimizing tangles? DC with a moisturizing conditioner with every wash. wear "out" styles that keep your hair stretched out. braidouts, twistouts, braid-n curls, twist-n-curls, etc.

Thanks for all the tips and compliments! I don't have a lot of pics of my hair color (Will rectify soon, lol) Here are some...

Back: I'm to the far right. You can kinda see the pops of red mixed in with the darker red.

69407_439220341830_501626830_5753956_3071742_n.jpg

The rest are the red color, a pic before my hair was colored and a pic of a my texture with a "refined" twist out. The color bright color is the result of rinses. The intensity depends on what rinse color I use. HTH

Attachments

• texture1.jpg
    texture1.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 55
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 55
  • roxy1.jpg
    roxy1.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 55
  • texture2.jpg
    texture2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 54
Janet where are yooou?

She had a awesome remedy for knots and such... I modified it for my hair. But it consists of wash and go's Mixed chicks leave in..and a few things... I'll do a search.

I second moisture...it cuts down on tangles and knots greatly!!!

I have NOTHING to offer you, but a good moisturizer, I'm a 4A (hello hair sister!) and I've been using a 100% aloe mix lately, in a spray bottle...oh wait, I don't wear my hair out at the moment, I'm of no help...

beautiful hair though! You make me wanna color!

I do not know for natural hair, but a really good serum on the ends really help. If you have a knot use the serum and smooth the knot out. I am sure more ladies will chip in. Good luck!

Lately I have been having success with a GREAT curly leave in such as Aveda Curly Infusion and using my tangle teezer when applying the leave it. At night, I make sure I add JBCO on damp hair to keep the ends moisturized and knot free.

Beautiful Woman, Beautiful Hair! :yep:

What you've been dong so far is obviously working, you've got a head of the healthiest color I've ever seen. For the knots, I would recommend castor oil on the the ends, I believe bride91501 mentioned it up top. This significantly reduced my SSK knots almost immediately. HHG

Back