Got too comfortable with wearing my hair out

LiLi

I washed/conditioned my hair and flat ironed it Saturday evening and have been wearing it down ever since so I guess you could say I got too comfortable with it down. Anyway, I have re-flat ironed it each day to freshen it up a bit
nono.gif
which I know has caused some damage to it since I'm used to just washing and conditioning my hair everyday.

Okay here's the question ... I would like to know what are some suggestions as to what I should condition and/or pre-shampoo it with tonight to repair some of the damage that the heat and wearing it out may have caused. I have just about every product out there so ANY AND ALL suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

I would do a pre shampoo treatment with olive oil and some honey. Then I would wash and follow with a moisturizing conditioner. You can add some olive oil to that conditioner. I don't think using heat every now and then or maybe for one week straight is that bad for your hair. All you have to do is condition whenever you wash. Or you can do some conditioner washes the next couple of days.

Thank you for the suggestions. I noticed that I do have more breakage just from wearing my hair straight and flat ironing for those days. I just think my hair is too used to being washed everyday. I also read somewhere that you should only flat iron hair when it's clean. Oh well ... I paid the price for trying to be cute ...
ohwell.gif

In the future, maybe you can wrap your hair at night, so it'll be straight the next day, so you won't have to use heat every day. You could also try moisturizing/oiling your hair at night before wrapping it, so it'll break less.

I did wrap my hair but I had to use pins and they put dents in my hair so I would go over those sections with a flat iron again in the morning to get the dents out. I put the Neutrogena Moisture Shine Serum on my hair at night but I guess that didn't do anything for it. I just finished washing & conditioning and my hair feels much better. I guess from now on if I decide to flat iron, then I have to only wear it one day and that's it ... kinda sucks.
ohwell.gif

Maybe you could try wearing your hair up and protect your ends so that they're not being exposed to the air and continuously rubbing up against things.

Back