Got Pretty Protective Styles PIC?

I like these:
(but maybe i look homely, unpolished and poor and just don't know it!)

P7080012.JPG

P6290008.JPG

P6290004.JPG

aaaaaaa.jpg

P5050638.jpg

P5050637.jpg

P3240641.jpg

P3240644.jpg

P3030737.jpg

P3030732.jpg

Just beautiful.

Got to give Whimsy one mo shout out on that pony/figure 8 style. It is now my fave protective style and I get loads of compliments on it! Thanx!!!

Whimsy, your twists look so lucious and full!:lick: Did you twist your hair wet or dry? When I twist mine wet they shrink like nobody's business.:sad:

The last pic is sooo pretty!

Thanks! I did those twists on damp hair, they shrink and plump when i take a shower and they're exposed to the steam. If I do twists on dry hair they're like sad skinny worms with no plumpness at all.

Got to give Whimsy one mo shout out on that pony/figure 8 style. It is now my fave protective style and I get loads of compliments on it! Thanx!!!

Lol thanks! I'm glad you're getting lots of compliments. I love that 8 style a lot myself. It's just so easy.

I mastered the flat twist, whatever its called, I found out what I did wrong. I'll update my Fotki and hopefully here with pics of it :).... when I took out the twist the curls were nice! I used Optimum Anti-Breakage to help my hair be stronger for the manipulation and QP hair foam, argan oil and water to twist, when it was dry I took it out and it cane out nice. Optimum helped my hair be stronger and not break.

Any new styles for medium length haired heads?

Sure, I don't have any pics, but instead several videos:
High Bun (I reloaded video because my head was somewhat cut off in the original video, but all instructions are on the original video)
Hair Stick Styles
Up-do
Knots
Double French Braid
Braided Bun
Flexi-8 Fun
Curly MoHawk (Don't know how protective you would call this one, but it keeps your hair off of your shoulders.)
Faux Bob
French Braid
Up-do 2
Southerntease Bun

Later in the week I will post a video with EZ Comb (Hairzing Knock-off) styles. Hope this helps!

@ Whimsy, you are a styling queen!!!! Teach me teach me!!

OP Great thread thanks... I been trying to kick it up a notch with my styling.... I have been wearing buns for a long long time, now dat my hair has some length I wana do something different, you know change up my look for the new year. Yes, I do look homely, unpolished and ...poor with my buns. LOL!

Back