Got My Hair Done Friday!!!

ms_kenesha

Okay, I got my hair done on Friday with Tiffany at Avatar Wellness Salon and Spa in Silver Spring, MD.

Tiffany herself had her hair in a ponytail that was at least bra strap which I thought was a good sign.
smile.gif
Her assistant based me; I can't remember her name, but she was Latina and she's getting her license next month, she's in classes now, everyone also saids she's great with updos. After that Tiffany took over and applied my relaxer as well as rinsing it out. The only thing I didn't like is that I did not receive a deep conditioner under the dryer. After all the neutralizing and conditioning she applied a leave-in conditioner and combed my hair down and sat me under the dryer (I asked for a blow-dry and curl).

While I was under the dryer I saw her do a girl's hair beautifully so I couldn't wait, plus this girl's hair was long (about 4 in. to bra-strap) and thick, then another one of her clients came in with long, thick, healthy hair to get a relaxer...so I'm thinking alright this woman has some good client's hair.

She trimmed the 1st girl's hair and it wasn't anything drastic, so when it was my time to sit in the chair and she asked if I wanted a trim, I said yes, but only because of my own uneven trimming the week before. She trimmed my hair lightly just to make it a bit more even in the back, no inches gone in the name of a trim, just a quarter inch trim. Then she got to the business of styling my hair, she asked me did I want it away or in my face and where did I like my part. She then proceeded to give me the best hairstyle I've ever had coming out of a salon and she used no heavy oils or grease (she said she doesn't like them and likes hair to flow) then she followed it all with a bit of Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops and a finishing shine spray.

When I got out the chair people in the salon were oohing and aahing it was gorgeous. I asked her did the salon sell Keracare Silken Seal because they did have some of their products, but they were out of it. She told me the Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops were equivalent, so I bought that as well. I also gave her a nice tip, I was so happy I came out of a salon without adjusting my hairstyle.

Later that day I saw my parents and they loved my hair especially my mom. I told her I will be going to this salon forever!
smile.gif

WOW, Ms. Kenesha!! What an EXCELLENT experience!! My fiance lives in MD... hmmm... I'm going to ask him how far he lives from Silver Spring!! The next time I'm there I just may pay this salon a visit (just for a wash & set)
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
WOW, Ms. Kenesha!! What an EXCELLENT experience!! My fiance lives in MD... hmmm... I'm going to ask him how far he lives from Silver Spring!! The next time I'm there I just may pay this salon a visit (just for a wash & set)
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's $40 for a wash & set, but I'm sure you'd love your hair. It's downtown Silver Spring and it's right near the Silver Spring Metro station so you wouldn't even have to drive if you didn't want to!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tebby1017 said:
That sound like what we want to hear!! Will you be going back?

Tebby

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!! I'll definitely going back here, I've never left a salon feeling the way I did leaving there. I mean I felt gorgeous, you couldn't have told me crap. And whoooo the men on the train were just a staring!
laugh.gif

$40???!!! WOW, that is a lot, but I just checked out the website and it DOES look like a nice (and pricey) salon!! Do you pay this much to get your hair done on a regular basis???!! What kind of a style did they give you?? Girl, you should have taken a picture!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
$40???!!! WOW, that is a lot, but I just checked out the website and it DOES look like a nice (and pricey) salon!! Do you pay this much to get your hair done on a regular basis???!! What kind of a style did they give you?? Girl, you should have taken a picture!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was $85 to get my hair done, but that's not too much over what I usually pay which is $70-$80 for a touch-up. This is one reason why I usually only go to salons for a touch-up and not just for a style! I'd be so broke
laugh.gif

My hair was styled away from my face in soft curls going back and blended into the back of my hair which was gently bumped under with a flat iron. I, too wish I had taken a picture, then I just didn't have a camera around me. I think I'm going to treat myself to just a style in two or three weeks and I'll take a picture then!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Wow Kenesha. Sounds like you had a great experience. Which street is it on near the SS Metro?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're on Colesville Road, on the ground floor of this chi-chi-poo-poo
laugh.gif
apartment complex. I can't think of the name of the complex though.

Oh, OK Ms. Kenesha, I didn't realize you got a touchup there as well!! I had to go re-read your original post. I usually pay $78.50 for my touch-ups and that's in my stylist's rinky-dink salon!!
laugh.gif
I just might get brave next touchup time and try that place out
scratchchin.gif
the only thing I'd be scared of is the trimming, but since you said they didn't go scissor-happy on you, it would probably be okay.

OK, I drive up Colesville Rd. every day. In fact, I live off of Colesville Road. I may have to check this place out. I also want to check out Luisa's Dominican salon, near the metro station. There's a really good soul food restuarant that I go to that's right around the corner from Luisa's.

Congrats Ms. Kenesha.

I have heard good things about that salon too. One of my former co-workers goes there and she says there is no waiting drama.

I also heard that Condi Rice goes to that salon.

--kc

P.S. Next time please take a photo.

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
this is great news, ms kenesha! so i know who will be doing your hair for the big event!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You betcha!
wink.gif
In fact when I was in there a woman and her bridal party were getting their hair done and nails, too for a wedding that saturday.
smile.gif

Oooh Kenesha. Sounds like you found a winner. I wanna try Tiffany, though she's too far away for me. My bro is going to be moving to SS in a month, so maybe I'll try it when I go help him move!

[ QUOTE ]
mirrormirror said:
Hi Ms. Kenesha
What shampoo and conditioner did they use use on your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mirrormirror,

I hate to say I have no idea. I didn't even ask. Sorry.
frown.gif

glad to hear that hairdressers arent all bad!! @ least some of them kno what they are doin!!i was hopin for a pic but i'll wait for the bext time u treat yoself so i can see how great it was coz the description u gave was amazin!!

I'm glad it turned out so nicely for you.
smile.gif

Did I hear "Spa" in the house.
scratchchin.gif
I might get a chance and try Tiffany out as well.

Welp i guess its that if u wanna have long hair go to a long haired stylist, i guess. CAuse they understand what u are tryin to do and they KNOW how to care for it when they do your hair to get like their's and they can give u tips on what to do yourself at home.
smile.gif

Back