Got my hair blowdried and WOWSA it's getting long!!!! (Pics included)

In agreement with everyone else. I was thinking along with Sistaslick that it's longer than that because it's only a blowdry. With a hard press (not that I'm recommending that. ..lol!) you'd be past armpit and real close to bsl. I think low maintenance is the key. I was thinking of taking my braids out so I could mess with my fro, but maybe i'll hang in there for another month.

p1

I agree with all your hair has a lot of shrinkage and you will be at brastrap if not already. Nice thickness too.

EbonyEyes said:
Ladies!!!!

Well, for the first time, I used Ms. Sue's Hair Souffle! And it must work because my hair felt moisturized and it made blow drying a breeze.

Once again, my braider was shocked at how much my hair grew since last year!

Last edited:
Girl, looking at your hair, you make me want to go natural. I love the length, health, and thickness. Keep growin!

Height said:
Where did you buy the Ms Sue's?

You can purchase Added Touch Hair Souffle at http://www.sunriseproductsonline.com

It's $10 for a 4oz jar. However, I recommend that you talk with Ms. Sue (the creator of the Hair Souffle) over the phone. She lives in San Antonio, Texas. She's incredibly sweet and she'll answer any questions you have. She'll also give recommendations based on your hair type. She'll even send you a free sample of the hair souffle and any other products you are interested in. If she doesn't say it first, ask for free samples. Call her at 210-657-6077. Ask for Ms. Sue and tell her that you got her name and phone number from Ebony of Columbia, MD. She'll know who I am!!

Sistaslick said:
girl your hair wasn't even fully bone straight in the pics so its even longer than what we are seeing! BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it! *ahem*now cough up your regimen:lol: are you doing crown and glory?:)

Thank you so much!

Now for the coughing up of my regimen! My regimen is sort of like crown and glory but with twists.

To give you ladies some background, when I first went natural in Dec 2002, I was doing crazy things to get my hair to grow. I had a semi-complex hair regimen, I was taking countless vitamins, and I was changing products and vitamins every few months depending on board recommendations.

I decided in 2005 that I was going to really simplify my regimen. I cut out all the biotin, MSM, expensive hair vitamins, and protein supplements and now I only take One-A-Day (the vitamin you can buy at the grocery store.) And after spending some time in PJA (Product Junkie Anonymous), I decided to stick with hair products that I know work for me. And no matter what other topical growth stimulant or conditioner was mentioned, I stuck to what was working for me.

~~~~~~~~

So here's Ebony's Hair Regimen:

I keep my hair in twists 90% of the time and wear twistouts the remaining 10%. My hair stays in twists for 3-4 weeks. When my scalp is feeling icky, I will rinse them in the shower and pour diluted lemon juice (1 tbsp lemon juice to 1 cup of water) When I feel like "letting loose", I wear my afro puff and conditioner wash everyday.

When it is time to wash my hair and put twists back in, I put my dry hair in 6-8 sections and apply Suave Milk and Honey conditioner to each section. I then detangle each section from ends to root with a regular wide-tooth comb.

While in the shower, I wash each section with Tresseme Anti-Breakage shampoo. Then I put some Aubrey Organics GPB and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose into my hand, mix it up and apply it to each section, concentrating on the ends. I leave that mixture on my hair for about 15-20 minutes. After the first 5 minutes, I "detangle" each section with my fingers.

After washing, I put on a leave-in conditioner. The leave-in conditioner is Ms. Sue's hair souffle. I proceed to twist my hair. I do not section with a comb and I do not use any gel. It takes me 2-2.5 hours to twist my hair.

It takes 5-6 hours to detangle, wash, condition, and twist my hair but it's not bad considering I only do it monthly.

I take care of my twists by spraying them twice daily with my homemade braid spray:

- 8 oz water
- 1 tbsp vegetable glycerin
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel

Every other night, I grease my scalp with Ms. Sue's Lenzi's Request to promote growth.

Twice a week, I treat the ends of the twists with a little Hair Souffle.

~~~~~~~~

Sorry that was so long!

Lovely....just lovely. The hair looks so healthy...I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time.
Thanks for posting your regimen too.
Question: Does Lenzi's Request actually give you faster/more growth? If so, dish!
:)

Summa Bliss said:
Lovely....just lovely. The hair looks so healthy...I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time.
Thanks for posting your regimen too.
Question: Does Lenzi's Request actually give you faster/more growth? If so, dish!
:)

Thanks! The Lenzi's Request does work on my hair! At first, I didn't think it was doing anything because I didn't notice increased growth in 2 weeks. But I decided to be patient for once. It took a month or so for me to notice results. In June, my hair was a little below my chin (stretched) in the front. In December, the front is shoulder length. I swear the growth snuck up on me!

EbonyEyes said:
Ladies!!!!

I got my hair blowdried before getting braids. I had my braider take a before shot (shrinkage and all) and after pictures of my blown out hair and my braids. The pictures are in my album (see my signature) so check them out!

Around this time last year, my braider put individuals in my hair but she blow dried my hair prior. I remember it taking a good hour to straighten my hair and she was roughing it.

This time, she blow dried my hair straight in 20 minutes! She said, "Ebony, I don't know what conditioner you put in your hair but it really made it easier to straighten."

Well, for the first time, I used Ms. Sue's Hair Souffle! And it must work because my hair felt moisturized and it made blow drying a breeze.

Once again, my braider was shocked at how much my hair grew since last year!

I'm pretty pleased with my progress.

Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!

Your Have is so beautiful. It's so long and thick. I love it.

EbonyEyes said:
Thanks! The Lenzi's Request does work on my hair! At first, I didn't think it was doing anything because I didn't notice increased growth in 2 weeks. But I decided to be patient for once. It took a month or so for me to notice results. In June, my hair was a little below my chin (stretched) in the front. In December, the front is shoulder length. I swear the growth snuck up on me!

Cool. It's so good when we find things that actually agree with our hair. Sometimes the most simple regimen can yeild the best results.
Quite a few others have had good experiences with Ms Sue's products.

I'm natural too, and you inspire me.:)
Keep up the good work EE, I can see you going on to Waist length.
SB X

Back