Got a touchup

katie

I just came back from relaxing my hair.I am quite displeased with the end result.
First of all,the girl did not want to wash out my hair once she put the relaxer in.She said it had to "take" for a long time and went outside to talk to a friend.Meanwhile I was burning and I told her that.Eventually I had to get *****y with her to get her to wash it out.I still got scalp burns in 2 places.
She also only wanted to shampoo with neutralizing shampoo twice and with what felt like skimpy portions of shampoo.I had to tell her to do it once more.She also "deep conditioned" me for a total of 5 seconds.No exagerration.She put on the conditioner while I leaned back in the sink, and immediately washed it out.
The styling was the worst part.I had my usual blowdry and flat iron style.However,she used some type of grease and what looked like Pink Lotion
mad.gif
on my wet hair before drying.Then after flat ironing she sprayed my hair verrry liberally with oil sheen,something I don't use at all.
I was pissed enough already.But then she tells me I need a "good trim" and that my ends are "very frayed".Just 2 months before when I had my hair done in Toronto my hairdresser asked me how do my ends always stay in such great condition.I had not changed anything about my regime in the last 2 months for my ends to get frayed so I knew the idiot just didn't know what she was talking about.I told her that I don't want a trim and that my mom likes to trim my hair.I usually have a trim every 2 months but I had seen her being very scissor happy with the lady who was there before me.

So now my hair looks like hers and all the other clients who were there...stringy, oily and thin
mad.gif

As opposed to thick and bouncy like how it usually is when I leave the salon in Toronto.

I am definitely feeling like not relaxing til I go back to school in September.

Aww... I'm so sorry about your experience. Consolation: At least you didn't sit there and just take it. You spoke up for yourself! Good for you!!
clap.gif

Yeah.I was planning to speak up all along.I know I would regret not speaking up if my hair started falling out or something.

Katie, do you wash yourself or do you have her do it? Because if you do wash your hair yourself you can have it looking fab in no time. Just do your usual thing.

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Good job on speaking up but I would wash it ASAP with neutralizing poo and airdry it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously?Do you think 3 times isn't enough for neutralizer?I usually get washed more times than that but I thought minimum 3 might be ok.

[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
Katie, do you wash yourself or do you have her do it? Because if you do wash your hair yourself you can have it looking fab in no time. Just do your usual thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually wash myself.I think I will be washing this oily mess out soon

I say that because you are supposed to leave it in for 5 minutes for at least one of those washes. Also she sounds REALLY careless so I would do it just to avoid the chance of breakage. 5 minutes now to prevent breakage that will take a year to regain what you lost is nothing to me. It is not even like you like the style so you have nothing to lose.

It's a pity you had that experience, but it was commendable you spoke up for yourself...And I know you will not be going back to that girl.......
frown.gif
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
I say that because you are supposed to leave it in for 5 minutes for at least one of those washes. Also she sounds REALLY careless so I would do it just to avoid the chance of breakage. 5 minutes now to prevent breakage that will take a year to regain what you lost is nothing to me. It is not even like you like the style so you have nothing to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes a lot of sense.I will be washing ASAP then.Thanks cutebajangirl!
smile.gif

Katie, I know how you feel girl. This is one of the reasons why I learned how to do my own re-touches. Actually I gave myself a re-touch on Wednedsday with the help of my husband (he does the back). This way I can be in control of my hair and the products that I use. My hair looks awesome to me. I sincerely hope that this never happens to you again.

I used my neutralizing shampoo and deep conditioned after.I blow dried with my hair in a wet wrap.I'm sleeping in the wrap so I'll see how it turns out tomorrow.My mom was pissed that I washed out the style but I couldn't care less what she thinks

Well good for you for speaking up...and not letting anymore damage set in.

Stylists seriously don't have a clue nowadays -and here the only ones that seem to be any good cost an arm and a leg.

Have you ever thought about self relaxing?

[ QUOTE ]
bimbabe said:
Well good for you for speaking up...and not letting anymore damage set in.

Stylists seriously don't have a clue nowadays -and here the only ones that seem to be any good cost an arm and a leg.

Have you ever thought about self relaxing?

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom actually used to relax my hair for years and did a pretty good job too.I think I will go back to letting her do it.

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I just came back from relaxing my hair.I am quite displeased with the end result.
First of all,the girl did not want to wash out my hair once she put the relaxer in.She said it had to "take" for a long time and went outside to talk to a friend.Meanwhile I was burning and I told her that.Eventually I had to get *****y with her to get her to wash it out.I still got scalp burns in 2 places.

[/ QUOTE ]

I exprienced the same thing a long time ago! That's why I'd rather do them myself!

Back