Got a question about weaving.

TBird

I want hair like the beautiful Aaliyah in my avatar. I can't grow it right now so I'm gonna have to weave it. Here's where I run into a lil problem. I have a small face so whenever I get weave put it especially all over sew-in its like my face is swallowed up with hair. That's all you see. I have a theory and would like some input. What if I braid up the center part of my hair, leaving out the sides, front, and nape and just add hair to the center for length. I can layer the sides with my own hair. That way I'll be able to pull it into a ponytail or clip and what you see is my natural hair no tracks. I want very few tracks, just length is all I need. Do you think this will work? TIA

That's sort of how I do it. If you blend it well it'll turn out fine.
smile.gif

Your idea sounds good TBird. That used to be my big issue when I wore sewn in hair. To prevent the problem, I usually got my hair corn rowed horizontally slightly small and alternated rows to eliminate using too much hair. I left the hair on my edges out, aswell as a section of hair uptop for a realistic part. Most importantly, you should give the hair a good layering cut. Not only will it give you the look you desire but it will give you great movement and eliminate the heavy look of too much hair. This approach worked well for me. Either way good luck girl!
wink.gif

Thanks ladies. Now if only I can convince my stylist this will work. She tends to do things the way she wants despite what I want and still expects to get paid. Appreciate the tips and support.

Back