Good things Gone Bad - the official WARNING thread

oh i used to put my hair in a ponytail all the time and i was getting breakage from not moving it and making it tight. my hair honestly likes to be free. i learened i gotta swich my styles up

placenta is the devil for my hair
and if i gotta use a bunch of product to get the desied results then the product probably isnt working for me.

i leared to read labels and listen to my hair it knows what it likes.
and i do trim with the right sissors now. and i say a little prayer for the ends that could make it . lol

Last edited:
For me, I'd say I'm learning what works for other people doesn't always work for me, EVEN IF I HAVE THE SAME HAIR TYPE. I started washing my hair every day because a lot of 3as and 3bs said they could. My hair was dry and breaking off everywhere. My hair likes being washed every 5-7 days, and that's that :)
I also think my hair hates bunning.

For me, I'd say I'm learning what works for other people doesn't always work for me, EVEN IF I HAVE THE SAME HAIR TYPE. I started washing my hair every day because a lot of 3as and 3bs said they could. My hair was dry and breaking off everywhere. My hair likes being washed every 5-7 days, and that's that :)
I also think my hair hates bunning.

ITA...bunning made my ends dry and crinkly.

what i've learned:

no shea butter for me. it just won't do anything but make me mad.

baggying is completely unnecessary.

just cause you're on a low-mani regimen doesn't mean stop detangling.

oh, if you are gonna use MT, have the garlic pills on standby. better safe than sorry.

holding on to ends that don't make you happy.

In the past I have tried to hold on to ends to get from one hair growth hurdle to another, but at the same time I would be disgusted with my hair.

I think it is better to trim your hair and have a style that makes you happy right now, instead of waiting months or years b/f you will feel like you "made it."

That way, you can enjoy your every step in your hair growth journey.

I recently cut 3-4 inches, partially b/c I didn't like my ends and also b/c I needed a change. I'm very, very happy for it. I'm sure I'll be back to my original length sometime this year. But hopefully my hair will be a lot thicker at that time.

I did this EXACT thing Tuesday morning!!!:D

Thanks for verbalizing what I felt:kiss:

Back