Good Results at my Salon Visit!!

Mamamia

Hi everyone. I finally went to the salon yesterday at JcPenney's. I was sooo nervous that I was shaking when I went in.I didn't know who I was with but I knew I had a bunch of questions for her. When I was called in I really freaked because my stylist was only 19!!.
I immediately started questioning her about how long she's been doing hair, what products does she like, and yada, yada, yada. To my surprise, she really knew her stuff. She did an analysis on my hair and said it was really dry and could use protein and moisture. She used Affirm relaxer on me which didn't burn like I have with previous relaxers in the past. She rinsed and shampooed it out then let me sit for about 10 minutes with a moisturizing conditioner. She rinsed me again and then applied a Biolage Mousse and set me under the dryer to dry. She said she prefered that for me over setting lotion because it would give my hair bounce and luster (it surely did
smile.gif
) After I was dry, it was time to cut
shocked.gif

Now I've never had my hair shorter than my shoulders, but she showed me the amount of damage done and said that it would grow back healthy and fuller if she trimmed off the damage. well, I let her and now it's ear length. Under normal circumstances, I would be ballin' like a baby. But, I knew it was a much needed cut. It turned out really nice and bouncy too. My hair looks and feels healthier!! I would much rather have healthy short hair than sickly long hair.

She recommended that since my hair grows quickly that I have a touch up every 8 weeks. She said to lay off the hot comb and to just roller set it once every week and a half. She isn't a big fan of leave-in conditioners, but she showed me a moisturizing spray by Biolage that will help if I decide not to roller set it. I'll be doing a protein conditioner every 2 weeks and a deep conditioner once a month. She recommended Mizani and Nexxus for my hair. The first couple rollersets will be done by her, but after that I can take over. Needless to say, I went home with a bunch a product. I am now a product Junkie!!!

I am so happy with the results and I actually thank everyone on this board. I f it wasn't for you guys I would have no clue what to use or what i should do about my hair. Thanks so much!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Ditto!

Congratulations..So far, so good! She seems like she understands your needs and your goals..

I'm sure that your will grow back even better. I like that she showed you how much you damage you actually had before cutting anything..

It seems you're off to a good start..I recently switched salons and my new stylist is very good..I completely understand how nerve wracking it is when you go to a new person for the first time...

clap.gif
Good for you!! Sometimes a good cut is what our hair needs to get on the right track
smile.gif
. Now you can start anew with nice, healthy ends!!

Thanks. The more I look at it the more I like it. I just have to remember to keep my hands out of it. I love playing in my hair. It's a bad habit.

Sounds like a very successful visit. Getting the hair shortened makes you gulp at first but now you know you have a head of healthy hair with healthy ends and no splits.

Congratulations.

Congrats and I know it was hard with the cut, but it will grow back soon. Sometimes we have to do what best, even if that includes cutting
smile.gif

Im glad u are happy with the service. its great when we have successful salon experiences.
smile.gif

oh.. welcome to PJ club
grin.gif

Back