Good relaxers other than Phytospecific

OK, I just self-relaxed for the third time. This time, I only did half of my head with the photo (index II) b/c I thought the problem the first two times was not leaving it on long enough. So I decided that if I only did half of myhead, that should leave ample time to relax properly. Well, I relaxed for 25 minutes, smoothed, even took a comb and combed through the phyto. I'm sitting under the dryer right now, but I see no difference than the first two times. It is like my hair is barely relaxed. So, now Im thinking it is not my technique, it has to be the relaxer itself. Now, I feel that I'm wrong on that too b/c I used to go to a stylist who used phyto on my hair and it would be bone straight. But I've doen the best that I can and just don't feel that phyto is the best if I'm going to self-relax. Sooo...I'm looking for suggestions on good relaxers other than the phyto, to get my hair straight.

Silk Elements No-Lye (Sally's Beauty Supply).
It will get your hair silky straight and your hair will have lots of shine with little to no frizz.

SohoHair said:
Give Phyto another chance!!! It's all about technique. You need to APPLY GENEROUSLY as the directions state. My sister is mostly 4b and I always get her hair bone straight with Phyto . Mystic and Sareca give some great advice in this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=111189 HTH
Hmmmm. After I typed this, adn was going over what I did, I wondered did the amount that I used have something to do w/it. I used 1/4 of a jar. Maybe I'll consider trying it again using 1/2 jar for each side of my head....
Beauty and Dannie, thanks for the suggestions.
Nella, the Silk Elements sounds intriguing.
Hmmm....It might be nice to try something that I don't have to pay $50, then wait to be shipped to me....

Last edited:
ORS no-lye is a great realaxer. It gets my hair straight yet it feels good not dry. I used phyto over the summer but I quickly returned to ORS.

Design Essentials Lye
Mizani Lye
Motions Lye
Arosci Lye

(all in mild or regular formula - as I've NEVER had super applied to my hair).

Back