Good deep conditioners and reconstructors?

Destanee

My hair needs MAJOR help and I don't know what I should use. /images/graemlins/confused.gif My hair is 4a/b natural and color treated.

Can anyone recommend a good deep conditioner and reconstructor?

Also what about protein treatments?

Also can someone tell me the difference between these treatments and how often they should be used?

Sorry for all the questions.
TIA

Deep Moisturizing Conditioner = KeraCare Humecto
Reconstructor = Affirm 5 in 1, AtOne With Nature
Protein Treatment = Aubrey GPB, Motions CPR, Aphogee Treatment, (Nexxus I hear has a good one too).

I think someone else explained it best, that a reconstructor can be used more often (1x a week for example) and a protein treatment has to be used less often or risk breakage (maybe 1x a month or every 6 weeks). But keep in mind a protein conditioner with not a lot of protein can be used more often. I know some people use Aubrey GPB and CPR 1x/week. You can't do that with Aphogee or that Nexxus one. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not natural, but have you ever used ORS hair mayo???
I love it! its a reconstructor that strengthens and moisturizes, it leave my hair very soft.

Ok so I have a stupid question. Is the Kiehl's Cholesterol Deep Conditioner I have considered protein or moisturizing? I need to know because for the past week or so I've been experiencing ALOT of shedding. /images/graemlins/frown.gif (not breakage cuz I can see the white ball at the ends of the hair) I currently deep condition with Moisturefuse once a week but I think this week I'll try a protein one to help with the shedding. I was wondering if I should use the cholesterol that I have or maybe I need something stronger like the Aphogee.

Thanks KitKat it does help...lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ennyaa if you're experiencing a lot of shedding consider that proven oil mixture or a product with silica in it. If I'm not mistaken the protein treatments are for breakage. Do a search on silica on this board and read what it says..HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*sigh* I was hoping the Aphogee would help. Well I have an ess oil mixture with all the stuff of the original one in it and more in an emu oil base so I'll just try being more consistent with that.

@Beana
I have tried the ORS, but I didn't like it too much. How often do you use it?

To keep my hair healthy do you think it's necessary to use a recon., protein, and deep conditioner? And how often?

Thanks Ladies

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ennyaa said:
I've been experiencing ALOT of shedding. /images/graemlins/frown.gif (not breakage cuz I can see the white ball at the ends of the hair) I currently deep condition with Moisturefuse once a week but I think this week I'll try a protein one to help with the shedding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question... Can protein treatments do anything about shedding?? I mean, I know it stops breakage, but I thought that shedding was something that's controlled internally, and according to the hair's individual growth cycle... /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif So, can putting protein on the hair actually stop the hair from being shed???

Destinee, here's what regime I try to follow.... i'm not always on point but this keeps me focused

deep protein (aphogee, penetraitt) followed by moisturizing condit week 1
moisturizing condit (D&amp;L cholesterol) week2
reconstructor (ORS hair mayo) week3
ORS mayo again week4
moisturizing deep condit week 5

... Some of the time I dont go for the moisturizing condits and just use the ORS 4 of the 5 weeks, I've had no problems thus far and I've been doing it for a while. Basically i'm focusing on keeping the hair that grows in strong (I have a relaxer, so this may not be much of a concern for you) as i cut off my overprocessed ends.

HMMM im not too sure of what else to suggest, have you had any luck with cholesterols type condits??? I love thick, heavy condits.

@ Lindy,
I was wondering the same thing about the protein helping with shedding. I personally dont think that doing protein treatments will stop shedding. Breakage, yes, but shedding no.

Back