Good Carols Daughter products?

chellero

Wife Supremacist
Can anyone tell me which carols daughter products worked for them? I keep reading good things about this product line, but I was disappointed when I ordered some Tui oil and discovered that I'd paid for corn oil and perfume. (It smells great, and I use it to scent other products that I don't like the smell of.) Before I order anything else I need to know what works and is worth the money, and what isn't.

I might get stoned for this :sekret:, but I do like the carol's daughter's products. I hate tthe shampoos and conditioners, but the healthy hair butter is great, I like the hair milk, and the mimosa hair honey(awesome for slicking down my edges). Now I'm natural so that might makea difference. My mother who's relaxed only likes the hair honey, and the the black vanilla leave in, which leads me to believe we should employ the guess and check method for hair products. What works for one may not work for the other. HTH!

My cousin with locks likes all of the products. For my relaxed hair, I have used:

some of marguerite's magic:look:: pre lhcf, it helped with dryness, then after a year, it seemed to just sit on my hair. Still like it and would use again, but really dont need it for $20 now that I know about moisturizing and sealing. Perhaps a good sealer in the winter.

healthy hair butter:ohwell:: ok, not as good for moisture as healthy hair butter

hair milk:ohwell: works good, but left my hair feeling hard and coated two days later.

mimosa hair honey:yep:: used most of this to base scalp pre relaxer, because it was too heavy for my hair.

hair balm:yep:: I love this, but with me making my own products, I really don't need it. I would buy this again.

black vanilla leave in:ohwell:: watery, ok. no long lasting moisture for me. I mixed it with keracare setting lotion with success for a few times. Not really worth repurchase.

khoret amen hair smoothie:nono:: HATED IT!!! made my hair hard, dry and tangled and irritated my scalp. Took it back to sephora

IMO, If you are into purchasing oils/ butters, etc., you can duplicate/tailor similar products to your needs for less money. HTH

I tried the Balm and hated it so much I sold it. I had dry, greasy hair :wallbash:. Thank God I didn't pay the $12 MSRP for it or Carol's Daughter and I would've had a face-to-face about how horrible my hair turned out :grin:! I definitely don't suggest one try her line. Maybe I biased? Who knows... She doesn't have to worry about my pj bug kicking in and buying anything else from her!

I've tried the hair milk (didn't like)
and the Tui shea butter smoothie (didn't like).
Eventually I will try some others, but it's a bit too expensive for me not liking the ones I've tried so far.

I used the healthy hair butter and the hair milk and both products made my hair feel hard and dry. I will never purchase anymore carols daughter

I bought the Saturday Morning Special. There wasn't a single thing in there that did anything for my hair.

Hair Milk: Hard, dry, greasy hair was the result.
Hair Balm: Greasy, but it smells delicious. I keep trying to use it for something.
Kizzy's Pomade: Greasy, but it makes a wonderful balm for dry areas on the body.
Tui Oil: I used this as a bath oil. It smells great but didn't penetrate my hair.
Black Vanilla Leave In: I've tried it on wet and dry hair. Wet hair dried hard. I use it on dry hair as a hair perfume. LOL!
Healthy Hair Butter: No visible results that I can see. And it's the only thing she has that stinks.
Rosemary Mint Shampoo: It was ok. Not moisturizing but it did clean my hair.

I've come to the conclusion my hair just doesn't like corn oil. This appears to be the primary ingredient for most of her products. Now her body products? I am in love!

i'm a natural, and my moisturizer of choice, especially for nighttime whole-head baggying is hair milk! i love, love, LOVE it, and faithfully run out to sephora every 8-10 weeks to get more of it!

I don't like Carol's Daughter products, they are too heavily fragranced and sat on top of my hair. I am relaxed.

Healthy Hair Butter - Okay. May order again.
Hair Milk - HATED IT! Did nothing for my hair. It didn't absorb at all and made my hair feel dryer than it had been before I applied it.

I really had high hopes for the Carol's Daugther products, but I was disappointed. I haven't tried any of the body products. They may work, but the hair products aren't all that great, IMO.

Im natural and two of my staples are Healthy Hair Butter and Mimosa Hair Honey. I use them mixed together for my twists....I tried switching products and my hair reacted like :nono: I get consistently great results aethestically and my hair stays moisturized with these two.

Its my experience though that naturals tend to like CD products better than relaxed heads. Most of her products are heavy....so if you are looking for flow and go weightless products...CD products are not it. If you are looking for a product for braid outs, twist outs, baggying, etc. I would try them. Besides HHB and Mimosa, the other product that people tend to like is the Hair Milk. Those are the three products that I have heard the most positive reviews about...HTH

I have only used the khoret amen herbal shampoo. I liked it for the most part.. the smell of it is very herbally/strong but it cleaned my hair fine, I am stuck on Nexxus now so I doubt if I will buy carols daughter again.

Back