Good bye relaxer... Hello natural

indarican

So i have been going back and forth with going natural or just keeping up with my relaxed hair... I have come to the conclusion that I want my real hair to shine through. :grin::grin::grin:

I am not saying im going to be natural my entire life but I know i dont want any chemicals to touch my hair for at least a year and a half. :dance7:I am so excited to start this new journey!!!!
So now i come to the lovely LHCF'ers, I need your expertise in this matter... Im not sure what my hair type is... 4a 4b who knows, havent really seen it in a long time.
What are some good moisturizers??
More protien or more moisture conditioners?
Ps styles?
give me the scoop ladies!!!

Congratulations!!

what worked for me:

Finding a good protective style , if you are planning to transition that can accomadate your new growth and relaxed ends ( I used straw sets, bun etc)

See what works for YOUR hair , have fun trying out products.
I
know some people hate Carols Daughter products but my hair LOOOOOVES hair milk sealed with either ( olive, castor or amla, )

Congratulations!!

what worked for me:

Finding a good protective style , if you are planning to transition that can accomadate your new growth and relaxed ends ( I used straw sets, bun etc)

See what works for YOUR hair , have fun trying out products.
I
know some people hate Carols Daughter products but my hair LOOOOOVES hair milk sealed with either ( olive, castor or amla, )

i have been doing the bun for a while now but it seems to be breaking my ends, i am not sure if its just because my ends are so horrid or if its the mesh donut that i am using.:wallbash::wallbash:... i cant where extensions, the one and only time that i did, my head formed blisters... very traumatic for a 12 year old, and i ended up having to cut them out of my head after only 42 hours. And i feel too uncomfortable in a wig.... soooooo any other suggestions?

i'm not going natural quite yet (i've been feeling really motivated to do so) but I am 6 months post relaxer... basically transition styles like braidouts, bantu knot outs, and wet buns have helped a lot a lot and I just LOVE to cowash like every 2 to 3 days, it keeps my new growth soft. also deep conditioning once a week... and only combing my hair while it's wet

i'm not going natural quite yet (i've been feeling really motivated to do so) but I am 6 months post relaxer... basically transition styles like braidouts, bantu knot outs, and wet buns have helped a lot a lot and I just LOVE to cowash like every 2 to 3 days, it keeps my new growth soft. also deep conditioning once a week... and only combing my hair while it's wet
do you find that your hair breaks more when it is wet or dry through out your 6 month stretch? what type of mosturizers do you use?

Back