Going to jail..what products should I bring?

you get...
1 conditioner - Mizani Moisturefuse
1 Shampoo - Mizani Botanifying
1 relaxer - Mizani lye Rhelaxer
1 serum or oil - extra virgin organic coconut oil
1 reconstructor - Apoghee two minute reconstructor or Ojon resortative treatment

Geez, I am leaving alot of products behind; the PJ in me would have to have a contact on the outside to hustle me some more products in! :grin:

Lila this thread is soooo cute....

I would bring aveda dr.... Im looking around at the other ladies in the cell next to me and they have some good stuff i might have to snatch....Make sure the guards arent coming....:drunk: and oh yeah some ors replenish paks

thx for the thread compliment..the first person gave it 1 star and I was like:sad: But anyway..you are too funny about snatching others products. we'd all be a mess in jail!

jail!!!sounds like a vacation for my hair.
My momma would keep money on my book for Aveda DR poo and con-the results have her:yep: about my new hair.
castor oil
henna-I imagine I would be good and gray without it and I don't want to find out.
and Rusk Smoother leave in.:lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:
I'd finally have the courage to get some corn rows and let it grow, grow, grow.

thx for the thread compliment..the first person gave it 1 star and I was like:sad: But anyway..you are too funny about snatching others products. we'd all be a mess in jail!

You shake off them haters Lilamae, this is a cute thread. Don't worry about not having a leave-in on the list, a good moisturizing conditioner can double as leave-in. :yep:

Uh-uh:nono: with all those things I hear about going down in jail and what women do to each other there, I dont think I would be taking care of my hair on purpose. In fact I probably wont be brushing my teeth or taking showers....

1 conditioner Elasta QP's Intense Cond.
1 Shampoo Elasta QP's Shampoo for Relaxed Hair

1 relaxer Elasta QP's lye relaxer in Regular
1 serum or oil Elasta QP's Recovery Oil Moisturizer
1 reconstructor

Can you tell that I love Elasta products???

Uh-uh:nono: with all those things I hear about going down in jail and what women do to each other there, I dont think I would be taking care of my hair on purpose. In fact I probably wont be brushing my teeth or taking showers....

I would have stopped brushing my teeth two weeks prior, my armpit and lady flower hair would be encouraged to grow to great lengths with the usage of Bountiful Tresses oil, and my hair would be in dirty, linty cornrows. I would however bring wild growth oil, my hair would stay moisturized, incredibly soft, and stinky.

Last edited:
I would have stopped brushing my teeth two weeks prior, my armpit and lady flower hair would be encouraged to grow to great lengths with the usage of Bountiful Tresses oil, and my hair would be in dirty, linty cornrows. I would however bring wild growth oil, it would also my hair to stay moisturized, incredibly soft, and stinky.

*dead*

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

NTM Hair Recovery Mask
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Relaxer... hmmm not too picky as long as it's not Bantu!!
Keracare Essential Oils (what no moisturizer to pick from???)
ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Packs (and plenty of them)

:lachen::lachen:You Ladies are too funny!

Conditioner- Nexxus Humectress
Shampoo- AloeRid - Shoot, that jail water is unsanitary and way too hard-I'll need to clarify!)
Relaxer- PhytoSpecifics
Serum or Oil: EVOO
Reconstructor- ORS replenishing Con. Jumbo Bottle
My Humectress with a few drops of H2O will double for a leave-in :grin:

I would bring:

*Creme of Nature Shampoo(Green Label)
*Panten Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Conditioner
*Wild Growth Oil
*Organic Root Simulator(Mild Relaxer)
*Lekair Cholestrol (Reconstructor)

I would have stopped brushing my teeth two weeks prior, my armpit and lady flower hair would be encouraged to grow to great lengths with the usage of Bountiful Tresses oil, and my hair would be in dirty, linty cornrows. I would however bring wild growth oil, my hair would stay moisturized, incredibly soft, and stinky.

:lachen::lachen: This has me crying! :lachen:

Conditioner- Mizani Moisturefuse
Shampoo- KeraCare Hydrating Detangling
Relaxer- There's no point in relaxing without rollers, neutralizing shampoo, a hooded dryer, etc if you ask me! I'm substituting this for a du-rag.
Serum or Oil: KeraCare Essential Oils
Reconstructor- Nexxus Keraphix

This thread is scary, lol! The other day I was watching Lockup on MSNBC and wondered what I do to my hair if I ever went to prison. Maybe I should stop watching Snapped and being on LHCF all day?

:lachen::lachen: btw sleekandbouncy..your hair is beautiful!

OK, this is so easy. All I need is...

-1 bottle of Pantene Relaxed & Natural Shampoo
-1 bottle of Pantene Relaxed & Natural Conditioner
-1 bottle of ORS Olive Oil moisturizer

That's it :)!

LOL great title! I actually thought you were going to jail :lachen:

Shampoo- Soft and beautiful botanicals coco-almond poo
Conditoner: Miss Keys 10 en 1
Serum or oil: coconut/jojoba oil mix
reconstructor: Aphogee 2min w/ Silk amino acids added

my conditioner can also double as a leave-in :)

ETA: no relaxer... this is a good time to transition

Cute thread!

I already know that I could not do general population:nono: so I'd be intentionally cuttin' up in order to get sent to solitary-- so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to see y'all for hair support!!!:lachen:

I'd bring:
CON green
Silicon Mix/Humectress mixed together (1 container :look:)
Keraphix
castor oil
No relaxer- why bother?

I think I would also use that time to stretch so no relaxer for me, either. Here's how I would have to get down:

Design Essentials Organic Cleanse - it's got to be hot and stank = clarify
Aveda Brilliant conditioner - cowashes, dcs and leave in
Amla oil - prepoo, rinsing, and just about everything else
Affirm 5n1 - no satin cases = some breakage some time
Silk Peptide Powder or Silk Amino Acids - got to have one or the other

And I'll just have to find a place to ram some Qhemet Olive & Amla Heavy Cream! For real!! :yep:

Elucence MB Shampoo
CON Shampoo/condish in the red bottle
Affirm Mild Relaxer
Castor oil
Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor

1 conditioner - Aveda DR Restructuring Conditioner
1 Shampoo - Creme of Nature Ultra Moist
1 relaxer - Affirm Mild Relaxer
1 serum or oil - Natural Oasis Oil
1 reconstructor - Affirm FiberGuard Sustenance

Wow, being the PJ that I am, this would be extreeeeeeeemely difficult to do.

If I'm in jail I don't deserve any salon quality products, so here are my bare bones basics.
Cholesterol
Creme of Nature
If I'm in jail it's time to transition.
Coconut Oil
Eqyss Mega-Tek or ORS

:lachen:i agree with you. it would be time to go au natural and get some coconut oil up in there... could even grease the bars for a narrow escape.
or better yet, hook up the warden (hopefully a woman) on lCHF for a reduced stay... :grin:

I'd get a combination of hair ingredients that could melt the bars and get myself outta there!! :lachen:

But seriously, my choices are;

1 conditioner - UBH Deep Conditioner
1 Shampoo - Queen Helene Placenta Shampoo
1 relaxer - Affirm Mild Relaxer
1 serum or oil - Emu oil
1 reconstructor - Joico K Pak Reconstructor

Darn...no moisturizer? Imma lose all my hurr!! :cry3:

Okay, okay I'm not really going to jail. But if you were and the officers only allowed you 1 brand of the following products..which would you bring:

you get...
1 conditioner
1 Shampoo
1 relaxer
1 serum or oil
1 reconstructor
ONLY 1 of each!

I would bring
AO Honeysuckle rose Conditioner
Pantene Moisturizing Shampoo
Affirm Mild Relaxer
Coconut oil

Man that was hard! Your turn...

Silicon Mix
MT
Coconut Oil
Alter Ego Garlic Condtioner

you get...
1 conditioner - phytojoba
1 Shampoo - phytojoba
1 relaxer - phytospecific
1 serum or oil - camellia oil
1 reconstructor - silk peptide powder
ONLY 1 of each!

I was just trying to narrow down which Phyto products to bring!

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner
CON Detangling Shampoo (red top)
Mizani Butter Blends
Coconut Oil
Aphogee for reconstruction........CHANGED TO MEGATEK!!!!

I see some products coming out of the woodworks as kept favorites! LOL. I like this thread!!!!

Last edited:
Okay, okay I'm not really going to jail. But if you were and the officers only allowed you 1 brand of the following products..which would you bring:

you get...
1 conditioner
1 Shampoo
1 relaxer
1 serum or oil
1 reconstructor
ONLY 1 of each!

I would bring
AO Honeysuckle rose Conditioner
Pantene Moisturizing Shampoo
Affirm Mild Relaxer
Coconut oil

Man that was hard! Your turn...

Miss Key's 10 en 1
ORS Creamy Aloe Poo
No relaxer
Jojoba Oil
Henna

Um... since I'm not using a relaxer, could I please just bring some Honeysuckle Rose too? lol

I think I WOULD be the nut doing a henna treatment in jail. :lachen:

Back