Going on THREE years transitioning - so frustrated

Depeding upon how often you straighten you could have straightened your curly hair straight and now you think they are relaxed ends...when they are really just heat stretched.

I would like the relaxed ends GO! Unless you plan to wear your natural hair straight.

This was my first thought. Some of your curly hair may look like the relaxed ends. I'm not big on hair cuts, but after three years, I would let the relaxed ends go.

Snip, snip- and don't even give it a second thought! And afterwards, don't even look back!

Your hair is gorgeous and getting rid of those ends will most likely add an extra bounce to your step and have you wonder why you didn't do it any sooner.

k, so... I'm like the only person who doesn't think you should go chop chop choppin... and snip snip snippin.... Your hair is really quite beautiful. And if your really into long hair (and you appear to be so) I think you should find ways to make your hair more uniform as your transition continues.

I love the idea of continuing to dust every month or so as your hair grows out. In the meantime, your more than likely bunning for health and PS anyway, right? So keep at it. And when you want to rock a braid out, do it! And do what relaxed ladies do... rod the ends :yep: Check out Traycee's braid out vid for an in depth tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwHlqk_Xk0

I know a lot of people think you'll feel so much better if you be like Nike and "just do it". But I don't know how much better you'll feel to give up so much length only to have to wait years to retain that length again, fully natural. APL natural hair will still present it's on struggles. And, on top of that, you'll be APL instead of WL So you have your cross to bear as a slow growing, transitioning WL'er. I say manage that struggle, rather than trading crosses. Just my two cents.

you hair is pretty, and i know how u feel and I went through it last summer, in 08. I went from almost apl to shoulder. Like naturaltobe said, try using rods on the ends. I'm completely natural now and i still have to use rods on some of my ends. Do you feel like the heat may be a factor in the stringy, relaxed-looking ends?

Do you think its the BKT?

I dont think its the heat or the BKT - I only use direct heat when i BKT (once every 6 months), and i may rollerset once every 2 months if i feel the need. its definitely my hair growth - i've been monitoring and tracking it like a reg ole obsessed person lol. I will try the rods at the ends, that should have been my first thought when braid outs didnt work - thanks Nichi!

k, so... I'm like the only person who doesn't think you should go chop chop choppin... and snip snip snippin.... Your hair is really quite beautiful. And if your really into long hair (and you appear to be so) I think you should find ways to make your hair more uniform as your transition continues.

I love the idea of continuing to dust every month or so as your hair grows out. In the meantime, your more than likely bunning for health and PS anyway, right? So keep at it. And when you want to rock a braid out, do it! And do what relaxed ladies do... rod the ends :yep: Check out Traycee's braid out vid for an in depth tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwHlqk_Xk0

I know a lot of people think you'll feel so much better if you be like Nike and "just do it". But I don't know how much better you'll feel to give up so much length only to have to wait years to retain that length again, fully natural. APL natural hair will still present it's on struggles. And, on top of that, you'll be APL instead of WL So you have your cross to bear as a slow growing, transitioning WL'er. I say manage that struggle, rather than trading crosses. Just my two cents.

Thanks!

Yeah - i am alittle worried that without the length to weigh my hair down it will be super big and puffy (i have cotton candy hair) and the shrinkage will be worse. And yes, i AM into long hair - lol

Is the picture you attached of your hair wet or dry?

My hair is 'drying' (lol) in that picture. Meaning i keep a towel on my hair while i apply body creams and get dressed. When i take the towel off, that is what my hair looks like (BKT is wearing off in the photo).

When i have it straightened or rollerset, you dont really notice the difference but im trying to keep away from heat styling so i was looking to make it look better curly. I was aiming for WSL in March...i think i will see how i feel about the way my hair looks then.

Back