God is my Body Man

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
God is my body man

By Kathy Gaillard

jesus_loves_me_-_d_li_2009.jpg

I love the notion of a body man. According to Wikipedia, a body man is, in American political jargon, a personal assistant to a politician or political candidate. Reggie Love is President Barack Obama’s body man. A body man accompanies the politician or candidate virtually everywhere, often arranging lodging, transportation or meals, and providing companionship, snacks, a cell phone, and any other necessary assistance.
From a spiritual standpoint, God is my body man. And purely from a spiritual perspective, there are some similarities between the concept of a body man and God.

He’s with me everywhere—A body man is never more than a few steps away. God is with me all the time, everywhere. There is no where I can go, that He is not. Romans 8:38-39, “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor anything above, nor anything below, nor anything else in all creation can separate us from the love of God that is ours in the Messiah Jesus, our Lord.” (NIV)

He is my provider (Jehovah Jireh)
—A body man provides everything for the person who is dependent upon him, from cold medicine, to cell phones, to contact information. God provides for me; He meets every physical, earthly and spiritual need. Philippians 4:19, “My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”

He is my friend—Because they are so close and travel so much with politicians, body men know or anticipate every need or want. Many body men are also close friends. Jesus is my friend. (John 15:15) “Jesus said, “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”

My Trust is in God—By the very nature of his (or her) job description, a lot of trust is placed in body men. My trust, hope and faith are in God. (Isaiah 26:3-4) “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.

He is my very present help—Because he is always there, a body man helps however and whenever he can. God is my helper, my strength, my all in all. (Psalm 46:1) “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”
God Is my body man because He’s always got my back

More of Gaillard's writings:
http://www.examiner.com/x-16376-Norfolk-NonDenominational-Christian-Examiner

Back