Girlfriend Proposes To Boyfriend...

Because its not your cup of tea of adheres to your paradigm of social norms its foolishness? Its two consenting adults and people are acting like its some horror show or pedophilia or you know something actually disgusting.

No that's not what I meant at all. IMO people aren't acting like the things you mentioned. it just seems like your two posts took it to far left field. Meaning in the first post: a woman proposing to a man is not even on the same scale as women's equality. And on the second post: Women expressing their expectations/ standards wasn't acting ;ike it was a horror show or pedophilia. :blush2:

No that's not what I meant at all. IMO people aren't acting like the things you mentioned. it just seems like your two posts took it to far left field. Meaning in the first post: a woman proposing to a man is not even on the same scale as women's equality. And on the second post: Women expressing their expectations/ standards wasn't acting ;ike it was a horror show or pedophilia. :blush2:

I dunno comments like 'this disgusts me so much' or 'what is her culture that makes this okay' seems pretty left field/extra to me. And the concept that only a thirsty woman proposes to a man is a part of an inequal gender construct (not on a level of voting rights mind you; I was exaggerating to match the thread) but still not a progressive mindset. I also felt it was insulting to lovely ladies that I know who did the same thing and are in successful marriages. But that may have made me a little more testy than I intended and, while I didn't like the tone of the thread, for that I am sorry.

Gonna thank you for a civil response and officially duck out.

Back