Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo - Sulfate-Free?

I am interested in using Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner. Is anyone currently using it? Also, is it sulfate-free? I'm looking towards using sulfate-free shampoos as I'm tired of the gunky, gluey feel that other shampoos have been given me (to the point of only shampooing once a month - no no for me).

Thanks!

I don't remember if it's sulfate free, but I know it doesn't have any laurel or laureth sulfates in it. It's a nice shampoo and cleanses well. :yep:

Cool. Thanks, ladies.

Now, don't kill me; but, I went to Target to scoop it up. However, I ended up with the 50/50 instead. The description on the back suited me more. I'll eventually get SAS soon, though.

I appreciate your insight.

I use the Giovanni SAS and I really love it. Yes, it is sulfate free like the other posters have stated, plus the SAS line does leave my hair smooth as silk.

I have the conditioner and swear by it! It makes my hair feel like silk...and I have cottony 3c/4a hair. This is my favorite conditioner. I haven't tried the shampoo though. Also, the direct leave-in is a staple of mine. I have been fooling around with other products, but nothing works like Giovanni...nothing.

There are the ingredients for the SAS Shampoo

Aqua/Water/Eau ((purified water)), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Extract (*), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (*), Cymbopogon Schoeanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (*), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (*), Echinacea Angustifolia (Coneflower) Extract (*), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (*), Marcocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (*), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (*), Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (*), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (*), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract (*), Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Glycol Distearate, Amodimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ethylhexyglycerin, Disteareth 75 IPDI, C11 15 Pareth 7, Citric Acid, C12 16 Pareth 9, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance with Essential Oils

I really like this shampoo. I don't like the conditioner or the leave-in. They make my hair feel hard.

I really like the Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioner. Tried the Direct Leave-In which I ended up giving away because it dried my hair.

i have about 3 Giovanni conditioners and 2 poos
i have the50/50, the SAS and the tea tree condishes
i have the tea tree poo and the sas poo my favorite is the 50/50 condish and i really like the leave in the others i have to mix with oils to make them more moisturizing. HTH

Back