Getting my hair colored by....uh....

yuhlovevybz

Well, to say things slightly my hair color is jacked. I dyed it a few times with box color, and its sun bleached, so I have reddish patches, hair thats tinted gold in the light from the sun, and has been dyed black. It looks like shiznit. So anyways, I'm going to the salon monday to get it dyed a dark brown with kinda golden tints. It's what I was going for in the first place. However, the salon I'm going to is Regis, over here it's all caucasians working there. I didn't ask when I made the appointment, but I'm wondering....how should I have my hair when I go there? Will they flip if i go in the natural state (it was curly when I made the appointment and no one said anything.) I mean, dying hair is dying hair. I'm not asking for them to press it or anything. And if I wear it straight, itll kink up when they put the dye in there. Last time I checked, all stylists were trained to work with every grade of hair.

Last week my mixed friend got her hair bleached at Regis and everything seemed fine. She's around 3a while I'm 3c; her hair is silky and mines cottony. Has anyone ever had their hair colored at a regular salon? How were the results? I like to treat my hair with equal opportunity....plus dominicans over here left me with a bad taste for 'specialty salons' and I'm not really trying to go broke over a new hair color. I just know that me and my box dyes have left me looking a little like Patches the kitten.

I'd say go in with your hair natural but stretched, maybe a braidout, or stretched by a bun.

I have no good reason for saying that other than that's how I go when I get my hurr colored.

I'm sure if you went with it in your natural texture everything would be just fine though.

You could always call them and ask how they'd prefer you wear your hair for color day.

Back